2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on the impacts from the changes in pricing for the Tesla. I know the Model now prices into the EV credits in Canada so I expect the demand to increase, but will that drive some of the folks listed for a Blazer over to a Tesla? I won't lie, I hope so. Also any projections or hopes that the pricing of the other EVs like the Blazer start to come down, will it matter for your reservation on a Blazer if it didn't?

· Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti.
81 Posts
This is not really a direct reply, but this guy (Sandy) knows just a little bit about the automotive industry. Don't get all caught up in how he presents this content, but he knows what he is talking about. It's all about the margins... I suspect Tesla's price reductions will force very serious reconsiderations in EV pricing across the industry. I also expect all those over inflated "market adjustments" seen prior to the price reduction announcement will be magically reduced or in some cases disappear entirely.

And then there is this... https://jalopnik.com/tesla-slashes-prices-profit-per-vehicle-still-high-1850018070

· Registered
27 Posts
Any thoughts on the impacts from the changes in pricing for the Tesla. I know the Model now prices into the EV credits in Canada so I expect the demand to increase, but will that drive some of the folks listed for a Blazer over to a Tesla? I won't lie, I hope so. Also any projections or hopes that the pricing of the other EVs like the Blazer start to come down, will it matter for your reservation on a Blazer if it didn't?
My concern is the Federal and Provinces Government in Canada will remove or decrease their rebates if we can’t get an order. My trade in value will tank if it goes to the end of the year, we just need Chevrolet to release the options available and give reserve customers a realistic build date. I could contemplate a Phev model if it looked like I will loose the Rebates, there are some Phev’s available. I wouldn’t be interested in a Tesla, don’t really care for the design especially the inside, also no Dealers close by

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts
I'm sure Tesla's price action has the whole auto industries full attention and they are contemplating their next move(s)...if they even have one. Looks to me like for them It's damned if you do and damned if you don't for any of the manufactures that even have any price flexibility. It should be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks and months!

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts
I've looked at the Tesla few times. I just can't see myself driving a tablet with 4 wheels. The Blazer EV makes me want to drive an electric car.
Yes, in my weak moments while waiting for my Blazer EV, I get the urge to bring up the Tesla site and play around now that they have implemented the drastic price decreases. While enticing, I just can't get by the short comings of the Tesla when I compare it to the Blazer EV...especially comparing looks and features of the Model Y versus the Blazer EV. But, if I wanted to, I could go around 3 miles from my house and pickup a new Tesla MY off their local facilities lot today! No availability problem for them right now!

· Registered
119 Posts
I've looked at the Tesla few times. I just can't see myself driving a tablet with 4 wheels. The Blazer EV makes me want to drive an electric car.
100% agree, Teslas designs (if you can call them that) are so bland and uninspiring, especially for the price you have to pay for them. Which Blazer model are you most interested in @Doom?

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, in my weak moments while waiting for my Blazer EV, I get the urge to bring up the Tesla site and play around now that they have implemented the drastic price decreases. While enticing, I just can't get by the short comings of the Tesla when I compare it to the Blazer EV...especially comparing looks and features of the Model Y versus the Blazer EV. But, if I wanted to, I could go around 3 miles from my house and pickup a new Tesla MY off their local facilities lot today! No availability problem for them right now!
I have also revisited the Tesla site a few times and thought the same, the inside of the car just looks, for a lack of a better word, bland and boring. So I am sticking with the Blazer, also, even if I could get a Tesla next week.

· Registered
14 Posts
Tesla needs model reworks. New body panels etc. I feel they will keep with what they have for the profit margin is highest of all manufactures. They are becoming old news fast and all I read online is disappointment in build quality. I will wait for Blazer. Also, I have a ton of GM dollars.

· Registered
'21 Tesla MY LR, 2017 Volt
20 Posts
The Tesla MY AWD model is now about where its MSRP was in the spring of 2021 which is when we bought one. (Traded it in for a BMW i4 last year). I grew weary of being a pilot tester for their cruise control system (basic not advanced) and its phantom breaking on the highway.

· Registered
2 Posts
We are picking up a MY next week and canceling our Blazer RS reservation. I like the looks of the blazer more but I wanted AWD and it will likely have shorter range and be slower while being significantly more money. The biggest factor is I could have the car I ordered in 3 weeks vs maybe the end of tue year or next year.

· Registered
14 Posts
We are picking up a MY next week and canceling our Blazer RS reservation. I like the looks of the blazer more but I wanted AWD and it will likely have shorter range and be slower while being significantly more money. The biggest factor is I could have the car I ordered in 3 weeks vs maybe the end of tue year or next year.
You can sell your reservation or transfer it to someone looking here. Save them a 2 year wait.

· Registered
2 Posts
I thought I read they weren't transferable? Also my dealer says I'm waitlisted so it doesn't sound hopeful to get a car this year. My dealer is a smaller MSRP only dealer so they may have a few others in front of me.

· Registered
23 Posts
DONT DO IT! We owned MY for 6 months…it has upsides and downsides…its just too “raw”.

· Registered
14 Posts
I just could not get over the terrible shape of them. I also need a dashboard and some physical controls. Plus the dealership backing and availablitiy of GM is great. I read the plans are to have chargers available at dealers for GM cars across the country.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts