2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that frustrates me about GM is how they use the technology with their different brands. For example, the Cadillac Lyriq which is the Blazer EV's Ultium twin, will have more features like cooled seats, most likely a more advanced Super Cruise, and probably other things too. I understand GM has to have something for Cadillac to command the higher price level, but it is a little disappointing. Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself since we don't know the details on the Blazer EV SS. I'm hoping they add some nice features to the SS to make it special. Maybe a frunk where the Lyriq doesn't get one?

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
127 Posts
One thing that frustrates me about GM is how they use the technology with their different brands. For example, the Cadillac Lyriq which is the Blazer EV's Ultium twin, will have more features like cooled seats, most likely a more advanced Super Cruise, and probably other things too. I understand GM has to have something for Cadillac to command the higher price level, but it is a little disappointing. Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself since we don't know the details on the Blazer EV SS. I'm hoping they add some nice features to the SS to make it special. Maybe a frunk where the Lyriq doesn't get one?

Any thoughts on this?
Well, as you suggest, it won't be very long now until we find out the answers to all of these important questions. Of course, my opinion only, I think GM will be making the SS model "special" since they need to protect the reputation of the "SS" versions that have proceeded it. As I understand it, the SS will be the top of the line version of the Blazer lineup. Therefore, I'm expecting it to have lots...if not all...of the Lyriq's best features. I'm thinking that GM is introducing the Blazer SS EV, sort of out of turn in some ways from what one might expect, since basically all they have to do is tweak the Lyriq into a Blazer SS. All of the Lyriq's high-tech features are just sitting there ready to easily reuse in this very similar model. I assume there are many financial advantages for GM in quickly reusing this knowledge (parts, software, electronics, etc.) over again in these two very similar models? Maybe this is all wishful thinking; but, I'm hopeful the Blazer SS will turnout to be a very desirable BEV.

Oh yeah, I forgot, a frunk would be a most welcomed surprise feature on the Blazer SS! (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts