2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, put my name on the Canadian reservation list on Oct 24, I had put in a preorder for a Hyundai Tucson Phev on Dec 17 2021 and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, was looking at Chev website and the Blazer caught my eye, hopefully I can make the plunge into full Ev. I think I will go with the RS model especially if it’s available summer 2013

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all, put my name on the Canadian reservation list on Oct 24, I had put in a preorder for a Hyundai Tucson Phev on Dec 17 2021 and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, was looking at Chev website and the Blazer caught my eye, hopefully I can make the plunge into full Ev. I think I will go with the RS model especially if it’s available summer 2013
I put my "reservation, 100$" on July 18 in Montreal. I am number one of the "online list" at my dealer, however, there was 2 dozen people ahead of me, reserved, prior to the launch.
My dealer told me, chance is slim that I will be getting in 2023. Most probably 2024.

So you Oct 24 order, might well into 2024.

Then, it depends which dealer and allocation your dealer will gets.

You should call the dealer that you reserve for, and ask for what is your ranking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey @CanuckHal welcome to the forum! Do you have a preference between the Tucson or the Blazer? Do you have any concerns about switching to fully electric?
The Tuscon Phev was a good fix for me last Dec. 2021, I had made a tentative deal including trade in , also was told 3 to 4 month wait, that didn’t happen and my dealer told me to read the fine print , trade in value will change, increased price for the vehicle , interest rate quoted will not be honoured. I also paid $500.00 for the preorder. The Chev site seems to have better information and the $100.00 down is also much fairer and they also give you reservation number and when you message them they get back to you.
I have never purchased a vehicle other than Chez, Ford and a one weak moment a Dodge . I had some concerns about switching to fully Electric, ie. charging stations, mileage limitations and batteries losing integrity four to five years out, but you can see where the industry is heading.
Just on a Side note, when I put my reservation in, immediately GM sent my reservation number and my dealer Emailed with a receipt, I was also told I was first to place a reservation at their dealership, it all went so well, I also Emailed GM to see if I would likely get a vehicle in the summer, they said my dealer would get a allocation and I could pick out my Blazer and place the order.
I am really excited about the Blazer and hope everything works out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Tuscon Phev was a good fix for me last Dec. 2021, I had made a tentative deal including trade in , also was told 3 to 4 month wait, that didn’t happen and my dealer told me to read the fine print , trade in value will change, increased price for the vehicle , interest rate quoted will not be honoured. I also paid $500.00 for the preorder. The Chev site seems to have better information and the $100.00 down is also much fairer and they also give you reservation number and when you message them they get back to you.
I have never purchased a vehicle other than Chez, Ford and a one weak moment a Dodge . I had some concerns about switching to fully Electric, ie. charging stations, mileage limitations and batteries losing integrity four to five years out, but you can see where the industry is heading.
Just on a Side note, when I put my reservation in, immediately GM sent my reservation number and my dealer Emailed with a receipt, I was also told I was first to place a reservation at their dealership, it all went so well, I also Emailed GM to see if I would likely get a vehicle in the summer, they said my dealer would get a allocation and I could pick out my Blazer and place the order.
I thought you said, you list yourself on October 24th. But did you knew they opened the reservation on July 18? kinda hard to believe you are number one on their list.
Not sure which dealer you are in, you should probably validate that again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought you said, you list yourself on October 24th. But did you knew they opened the reservation on July 18? kinda hard to believe you are number one on their list.
Not sure which dealer you are in, you should probably validate that again.
Yes I am aware it opened July 18, it’s a medium sized dealership and before I placed my reservation the Sales manager/Owner told me that I’m the first order, Ev‘s are slow catching on here in New Brunswick and the fact that availability for Ev’s are nearly nonexistent, people are still buying gas engine vehicles. GM told me via message that each dealership would receive a allocation of Blazer EV and from there it would be first come first serve.
Reservations for USA has been stopped and are still ongoing in Canada (much smaller market and allocation)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Glad to hear the reservation process has go so smoothly for you! Since you're looking at a RS, do you want FWD, RWD or AWD?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it'd be good to more detailed pricing. It's an interesting choice to make since all 3 drive haven't really been offered on the same vehicle before.
One of my biggest concerns is how they will handle Northern USA and Canadian winters, how much the batteries degrade in lower temperatures. I can’t find much information on Chevrolet EV on this issue, seems like a important subject for GM to address.

·
Registered
19 Posts
One of my biggest concerns is how they will handle Northern USA and Canadian winters, how much the batteries degrade in lower temperatures. I can’t find much information on Chevrolet EV on this issue, seems like a important subject for GM to address.
They have Lyriq, Hummer already on the road. As well, GM makes Lyriq in China.
China also has cold weather as much to canadian sub zero temp weather. I'm sure its been looked at.
The utilium is different from the Bolt, Volt, I presume, its one of the thing GM engineer had plan in their certification master list.

·
Registered
102 Posts
In terms of range decrease it can be about 20%, maybe more. In terms of actual battery degradation I'm not sure how winter affects that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have asked this question in other forums. Seems like evs with heat pumps see about a 30% loss in around -10 to 0 Celsius. That loss increase the colder it is due to more energy to heat battery and the cabin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts