2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have decided to go BEV and we are considering a Blazer SS or Equinox EV. Along with the two Chevrolets, we have already made a reservation deposit for a Fisker Ocean. Obviously not committed to the Fisker, or anything else just now, we are keeping our options open as new EVs hit the market. Expect to make a decision on what we are going to settle on in Spring of '23. In the meantime, I'm monitoring the Ocean and Blazer forums for any additional information that be gleaned from these sites.

I'm retired,74 years old, and live in Knoxville, TN. This EV could be one of our last new cars considering our age. I'm usually not an "early adopter" with things such as cars. However, the idea of an all-electric car has really sparked my interest. So, I'm now in shopping mode for the best BEV that satisfies the most of our needs and wants in an EV.
 

·
Registered
1968 Camaro - 2010 Camaro SS/RS (VIN 000296) - 2008 Trailblazer (V8) - 2019 Jeep GC Limited X
Joined
·
69 Posts
Hello Jim and welcome to the forum. Look forward to sharing information on all 3 vehicles you mentioned. Time sure is moving slow right now. Haha
 

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Jim and welcome to the forum. Look forward to sharing information on all 3 vehicles you mentioned. Time sure is moving slow right now. Haha
Thanks! We need to get some more members involved here on the Blazer board. Maybe the board will liven up in July and beyond as more info comes out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I have a 13 Chevy Volt and and an 11 Toyota Sienna currently. I have reserved a Fisker Ocean which I will wait for unless something major goes wrong with Fisker. I have also placed a deposit on a Chevy Bolt EUV because it seems to be the least amount of time to wait and I love the Chevy EV products. I'm hoping it will arrive before the end of the year but who knows. If it doesn't I'm torn about waiting for the Equinox or Blazer since they will likely be less money for a better looking car, new and improved technology not to mention better range. I think I'm convincing myself to wait. I just cannot stand the gas guzzling aspect of the Sienna although I can haul anything in that thing.

I'm looking forward to more information on the Blazer and Equinox as I am on the Ocean. Here's to a great journey of discovery together.
 

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 13 Chevy Volt and and an 11 Toyota Sienna currently. I have reserved a Fisker Ocean which I will wait for unless something major goes wrong with Fisker. I have also placed a deposit on a Chevy Bolt EUV because it seems to be the least amount of time to wait and I love the Chevy EV products. I'm hoping it will arrive before the end of the year but who knows. If it doesn't I'm torn about waiting for the Equinox or Blazer since they will likely be less money for a better looking car, new and improved technology not to mention better range. I think I'm convincing myself to wait. I just cannot stand the gas guzzling aspect of the Sienna although I can haul anything in that thing.

I'm looking forward to more information on the Blazer and Equinox as I am on the Ocean. Here's to a great journey of discovery together.
Yeah, I have an Ocean reserved as well. Looks like it will be either a Blazer or the Ocean for us. Right now, depending on the Blazer specs once they reveal the details in July, I'm currently thinking the Blazer is more likely than the Ocean for the wife and me. We wanted an Ocean Ultra, but as you know already, it appears that it's going to be late '23 before Fisker starts to produce the Ultra model. I'm not really wanting to move up to an Extreme model and pay the extra premium price that the Extreme commands. As it looks to me right now, I think that there is a good chance that we could expect to get a Blazer SS before we could get a Fisker Ultra. Hopefully, we should be able to pin down exactly which car we decide on by November or December of this year. And, I'm expecting that the SS will come in around $60K but it is still $10K +/- less than an Extreme? Crazy process isn't it!:unsure:o_O It's really hard to weigh the Pros and Cons without knowing the facts!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Yeah, I have an Ocean reserved as well. Looks like it will be either a Blazer or the Ocean for us. Right now, depending on the Blazer specs once they reveal the details in July, I'm currently thinking the Blazer is more likely than the Ocean for the wife and me. We wanted an Ocean Ultra, but as you know already, it appears that it's going to be late '23 before Fisker starts to produce the Ultra model. I'm not really wanting to move up to an Extreme model and pay the extra premium price that the Extreme commands. As it looks to me right now, I think that there is a good chance that we could expect to get a Blazer SS before we could get a Fisker Ultra. Hopefully, we should be able to pin down exactly which car we decide on by November or December of this year. And, I'm expecting that the SS will come in around $60K but it is still $10K +/- less than an Extreme? Crazy process isn't it!:unsure:o_O It's really hard to weigh the Pros and Cons without knowing the facts!
We are looking for two vehicles to replace both ours. I agree, we should have a much better idea by the end of this year on everything but timing, that is the big unknown because it can change so much. I am planning for the Ultra too. Regarding the Chevy EV's, they seem to be priced reasonably in Canada. Normally with the exchange, we can expect to pay 1.3 times the U.S. price but Chevy is currently pricing the Bolt at about 1.15 the U.S. price. I hope that continues with the Blazer and Equinox. In addition, dealerships in my city are not pricing over MSRP, thankfully.

From what I can see now, I'm leaning to the Equinox RS if we don't get the Bolt. Main reason is the lower price. But it's supposed to come out after the Blazer so it would mean waiting longer. However, we don't have enough info yet so it will be wait and see. Crazy process for sure. I'm glad we have these forums to help us keep track of the information as it comes out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Chevy Volt and 2019 Chevy Bolt. I placed a reservation for a Blazer RS and will be selling my 2013 Chevy Volt. I’m also interested in the Equinox EV especially if it achieves a range around 350 miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I have a 2013 Chevy Volt and 2019 Chevy Bolt. I placed a reservation for a Blazer RS and will be selling my 2013 Chevy Volt. I’m also interested in the Equinox EV especially if it achieves a range around 350 miles.
Exactly what I have and am thinking about doing, except I have a Tesla M3 in place of your Bolt. I will be replacing the M3 with a Fisker Ocean likely. Great minds think alike:D
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top