2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti.
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I found this, what appears to be new Electric Blazer forum in the hopes of gaining insights into this new vehicle from GM / Chevy. I've owned a couple of ICE powered Blazers(Gen 1 & 2) over the years but was not impressed with the new ICE Blazer or Equinox when I was looking for a new vehicle in 2016. The Ford Edge fit my lifestyle and to be honest has been (so far) a good vehicle for me. I have been thinking about converting to an electric vehicle for a while now and have been following the launch of the KIA EV6 thinking in might work for me. I wanted to wait to see how Chevy or Ford would respond. I drove a Mach E, and while I liked it, it was a bit smaller than what I am looking for and Ford has killed the Edge. I am in hopes that the EV Blazer / Equinox will be somewhat closer in the interior space of my present Edge. I guess time will tell and I'll wait to see.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
127 Posts
Hello! I found this, what appears to be new Electric Blazer forum in the hopes of gaining insights into this new vehicle from GM / Chevy. I've owned a couple of ICE powered Blazers(Gen 1 & 2) over the years but was not impressed with the new ICE Blazer or Equinox when I was looking for a new vehicle in 2016. The Ford Edge fit my lifestyle and to be honest has been (so far) a good vehicle for me. I have been thinking about converting to an electric vehicle for a while now and have been following the launch of the KIA EV6 thinking in might work for me. I wanted to wait to see how Chevy or Ford would respond. I drove a Mach E, and while I liked it, it was a bit smaller than what I am looking for and Ford has killed the Edge. I am in hopes that the EV Blazer / Equinox will be somewhat closer in the interior space of my present Edge. I guess time will tell and I'll wait to see. View attachment 30
Welcome Chip! Glad to have you on the board. Activity should pick up in July once GM formally announces the Blazer EV. We are always looking for new bits of information before the initial announcement! So, stay tuned and let everyone know if you come across any new stuff!

·
Registered
1968 Camaro - 2010 Camaro SS/RS (VIN 000296) - 2008 Trailblazer (V8) - 2019 Jeep GC Limited X
69 Posts
Hello Chip. Glad to see some more people interested in the upcoming EVs from Chevy and joining the forum.

Looking forward to seeing what we all can share moving forward.

I'll second what BlazCraz said above. July will hopefully answer a lot of questions.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti.
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks! Here is a general question that may or may not be known at this point. I believe I remember that the ICE Equinox was downsized and the Blazer slid into that size slot, is this correct? If so, would you assume the same would be true for the new EV platforms for those two?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
127 Posts
Thanks! Here is a general question that may or may not be know at this point. I believe I remember that the ICE Equinox was downsized and the Blazer slid into that size slot, is this correct? If so, would you assume the same would be true for the new EV platforms for those two?
Well, I don't really know. However, I'm pretty sure the Blazer EV is going to be in the mid-size category and the Equinox in the compact SUV category.

·
Registered
1968 Camaro - 2010 Camaro SS/RS (VIN 000296) - 2008 Trailblazer (V8) - 2019 Jeep GC Limited X
69 Posts
Well, I don't really know. However, I'm pretty sure the Blazer EV is going to be in the mid-size category and the Equinox in the compact SUV category.
Agree with this as well. I also think that the Blazer is going to be in the same rough size as the Cadillac Lyriq. I mean the charge port door even has the same design/shape. Per the updated Lyriq specs 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ | Electric SUV | Model Overview which also show you the interior cargo area (where's yours Fisker?) It looks like the Lyriq is about 8" longer than the Ocean.

Also, it's now showing some, not all, but specs for the AWD with 500HP. I'm really expecting this to be the same as the Blazer SS. The price is $64,xxx but that's for the Cadillac. No way the Blazer will be that much IMO.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
69 Posts
And honestly, if the Blazer SS is loaded and I can add SuperCruise for under $65,000, I might be dropping my Ocean deposit for the Chevy. I'm really hoping it won't be that much, but I think it will be worth it. Read last night that Cadillac is offering 2 years unlimited DC fast charging or $1500 credit towards a Level 2 charger install. Makes me think Chevy will be doing something similar too. C'mon July!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know this is all in the wrong thread, but hoping you'll all see this. There's going to be a Live Lyriq event at 9:00 EST here. Cadillac Live

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
127 Posts
And honestly, if the Blazer SS is loaded and I can add SuperCruise for under $65,000, I might be dropping my Ocean deposit for the Chevy. I'm really hoping it won't be that much, but I think it will be worth it. Read last night that Cadillac is offering 2 years unlimited DC fast charging or $1500 credit towards a Level 2 charger install. Makes me think Chevy will be doing something similar too. C'mon July!
Yeah, saw that. Not so interested in the DC fast charging but the installation and L2 sounds good! I'm hoping the SS comes in around $60k. GM doesn't have any incentives left for their EVs which will put them at a competitive disadvantage so they will most likely need to be very aggressive with their pricing to stay relevant as their new offerings come to market. The Cadillac event should give us some additional insight and I'm going to try and tune in. They have touted this day for a long time now!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, saw that. Not so interested in the DC fast charging but the installation and L2 sounds good! I'm hoping the SS comes in around $60k. GM doesn't have any incentives left for their EVs which will put them at a competitive disadvantage so they will most likely need to be very aggressive with their pricing to stay relevant as their new offerings come to market. The Cadillac event should give us some additional insight and I'm going to try and tune in. They have touted this day for a long time now!
So what did you think about the Live event? I was hoping for a little more and honestly was surprised it was still a pre-production vehicle as they have been making them for a while now. Glad to see the additional colors added and that you can now pre-order the AWD version. Still waiting on the specs for it beyond 500hp. I was a little disappointed to learn that the Lyriq will not have a frunk. I'm assuming the Blazer will be the same. It's ok, we don't have them in ICE vehicles, but was hoping for that additional space.

Agree on the aggressive pricing as well. I think we will be happy.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
127 Posts
So what did you think about the Live event? I was hoping for a little more and honestly was surprised it was still a pre-production vehicle as they have been making them for a while now. Glad to see the additional colors added and that you can now pre-order the AWD version. Still waiting on the specs for it beyond 500hp. I was a little disappointed to learn that the Lyriq will not have a frunk. I'm assuming the Blazer will be the same. It's ok, we don't have them in ICE vehicles, but was hoping for that additional space.

Humm, when I click on the link you included it indicates that it will start in around 5 hours (from 8:00 AM Eastern time)? The link shows a "countdown clock" showing when it starts? And, it gives you an option to schedule a later time for your own personal scheduled viewing time. Anyway, I'm planning to watch it sometime today when I get some time and I'll let you know my thoughts. Thanks for the heads-up for the link!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Humm, when I click on the link you included it indicates that it will start in around 5 hours (from 8:00 AM Eastern time)? The link shows a "countdown clock" showing when it starts? And, it gives you an option to schedule a later time for your own personal scheduled viewing time. Anyway, I'm planning to watch it sometime today when I get some time and I'll let you know my thoughts. Thanks for the heads-up for the link!
Yeah, I watched one last night. I might watch this one and see if it's any different. Order link goes live in 20 min. I'm fighting from putting a deposit on an AWD. Haha Says deliveries in early 2023.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sure, go for it! The system will probably crash at 9:00 due to the high order rate!:eek:
It's a fully refundable $100, but I haven't called the Caddy dealer to ask, but this is one thing holding me back for now. That dealers set the actual price. Sounds like free license for those ridiculous markups.

DEALERS SET THE ACTUAL PRICE, WHICH MAY DIFFER FROM THE MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE. The MSRP excludes tax, title, license, dealer fees, optional equipment, and other options. GM reserves the right to change the MSRP in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
127 Posts
It's a fully refundable $100, but I haven't called the Caddy dealer to ask, but this is one thing holding me back for now. That dealers set the actual price. Sounds like free license for those ridiculous markups.

DEALERS SET THE ACTUAL PRICE, WHICH MAY DIFFER FROM THE MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE. The MSRP excludes tax, title, license, dealer fees, optional equipment, and other options. GM reserves the right to change the MSRP in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
Yes, that's one of the potential downsides of working through dealerships. I don't need a new car bad enough to pay over MSRP. Heck, I don't even like the idea of paying sticker (MSRP) price! This is one area where Fisker has a definite advantage over traditional producer's cars. However, there are other areas that traditional dealerships have more of an advantage...fixed base of operations and longevity of business operations. As always, there seem to be all of the pros and cons we must evaluate.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
127 Posts

Just tuned in...and out...of the Cadillac live event. This one was on their sedans with only a very small mention of the Lyriq (SuperCruise info). I suppose the one you saw earlier was specifically focused on the Lyriq. In any event, doesn't sound like there were lots of specific details to be learned through these live event broadcasts. Hopefully, the SS launch info will be more valuable with plenty of detailed pertinent facts included!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, the one last night was all Lyriq. It was pretty informative I thought. She walked around the car, got in it, opened the charge door. FYI, it's a simple push to open, repush interior to close. Blazer should be the same. She showed the rear cargo area as well. I did the same. Tuned in and tuned out as it was about the sedan mostly. I've reached out on the Blazer to see if I can learn if it's coming in early or late July. I'm sure they won't tell me, but doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
127 Posts
Yeah, the one last night was all Lyriq. It was pretty informative I thought. She walked around the car, got in it, opened the charge door. FYI, it's a simple push to open, repush interior to close. Blazer should be the same. She showed the rear cargo area as well. I did the same. Tuned in and tuned out as it was about the sedan mostly. I've reached out on the Blazer to see if I can learn if it's coming in early or late July. I'm sure they won't tell me, but doesn't hurt to ask.
Doesn't hurt to ask. I see "Spring 2023" in most of the media releases...whatever that means? Please let me know if you were to hear anything back from them!;)

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti.
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...I'm really expecting this to be the same as the Blazer SS. The price is $64,xxx but that's for the Cadillac. No way the Blazer will be that much IMO.

View attachment 31
Yeah, that price would knock me right out of the box. I also need a tow hitch which seems to be a forbidden item as a OEM installed item, as it would facilitate towing which kills driving efficiency. So far, there is no hitch available on the MME and the KIA EV6 only offers a dealer installed hitch. I hope GM sticks to a "it's a truck stupid" and not "its a cute electric SUV" attitude.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know the Lyriq is out of the question due to price, but the AWD is gonna have a tow hitch. Hopefully the Blazer will have it as well.
Font Terrestrial plant Electric blue

1 - 20 of 21 Posts