2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Blazer SS reservation here. Looking to replace my wife’s Mach E 4X (awd, er battery) next year. It’s actually been great so far, no real complaints until the recent high voltage junction box contactor safety recall and OTA update. We just want something a bit larger and with more power. The Mach E GT has a horrible 5-sec full power limit that some of y’all may be aware of. No way I could plunk down $70K on a GT that traps lower in the 1/4 mile (103-104mph) than our 4X does. No, I don’t live my life a 1/4 mile at a time like Dom Toretto, but, that’s just not acceptable from a “performance” model.

Will put the Blazer SS next to my current SS:
Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey everyone. Blazer SS reservation here. Looking to replace my wife’s Mach E 4X (awd, er battery) next year. It’s actually been great so far, no real complaints until the recent high voltage junction box contactor safety recall and OTA update. We just want something a bit larger and with more power. The Mach E GT has a horrible 5-sec full power limit that some of y’all may be aware of. No way I could plunk down $70K on a GT that traps lower in the 1/4 mile (103-104mph) than our 4X does. No, I don’t live my life a 1/4 mile at a time like Dom Toretto, but, that’s just not acceptable from a “performance” model.

Will put the Blazer SS next to my current SS:
View attachment 235
Nice. I considered the Blazer SS, but I didn't like that it had less range. I figure the nature of EVs, the RS should be relatively quick off the line. And, I used to have an SS Sedan as well. Traded it in for something with a manual, and a little more "kick".

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

This was my SS. I do sorta miss it, but I wish I had bought it with a manual and getting $41K in trade-in when I paid $39K back in 2016 (GM fire sale) made it easier to pull the trigger.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

The extra 235 HP and the "fun stick" does help me cope, although funny enough I think more people were interested in the SS than have been thus far in the Camaro. I figure with the Camaro ending production soon, it may eventually be as rare as the SS was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. I considered the Blazer SS, but I didn't like that it had less range. I figure the nature of EVs, the RS should be relatively quick off the line. And, I used to have an SS Sedan as well. Traded it in for something with a manual, and a little more "kick".

View attachment 273

This was my SS. I do sorta miss it, but I wish I had bought it with a manual and getting $41K in trade-in when I paid $39K back in 2016 (GM fire sale) made it easier to pull the trigger.

View attachment 274

The extra 235 HP and the "fun stick" does help me cope, although funny enough I think more people were interested in the SS than have been thus far in the Camaro. I figure with the Camaro ending production soon, it may eventually be as rare as the SS was.
Funny, I was recently kicking around a GT350 or GT500 to replace mine but I couldn’t pull the trigger at current prices. ZL1 is in that convo as well. Might give it a year for the market to reset.

And yes, an SS sedan with Holden badges might as well be a Ferrari or Bentley, way too much attention and questions literally everywhere you go. I never would have guessed that before I converted mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Funny, I was recently kicking around a GT350 or GT500 to replace mine but I couldn’t pull the trigger at current prices. ZL1 is in that convo as well. Might give it a year for the market to reset.

And yes, an SS sedan with Holden badges might as well be a Ferrari or Bentley, way too much attention and questions literally everywhere you go. I never would have guessed that before I converted mine.
lol, at the risk of changing the discussion, I was also looking at the GT500, the Hellcat, CT5-V Blackwing and a C8 Corvette. To be quite honest I was even considering a Miata, BRZ, and some other smaller RWD vehicles that I could get with a manual transmission. The last few entries were in consideration if I had decided to keep the SS. At one point I even considered the Audi RS3 but after an "incursion" with one in my SS Sedan, it would've been a step down.

My decision on the ZL1 was actually relatively easy. I wanted a manual which ruled out the C8 and the GT500 (although the GT500 also lost because of the small gas tank, but that engine note....OMG...) The Hellcat seems like a one-trick pony and even at the dragstrip, the ZL1 and GT500 are right there and a little on top. The CT5-V Blackwing was probably closer, but considering that you're paying $40K more for essentially the same performance as a ZL1, and didn't have to wait 2 years for you to place an order, the CT5 was ruled out. Then there was the "market adjustment". The GT500 was seeing close to $20K in markup, the Hellcat, almost as high. I managed to get my ZL1 for LESS than MSRP and it was delivered to me in 3 months. One thing to keep in mind is that a Chevy dealership will also prefer to do business with you as they would most likely love to put your SS on their used car lot. My dealership didn't give me the money I was hoping for, but since they allowed me to get GM employee pricing, it was almost a wash. I think I made a good decision as I can probably turn around and sell the Camaro right now for about $7000 more than I paid for it. The only problem is that they're reportedly going away in 2023 and finding another vehicle that's as capable for the price, I have yet to find it.

I do miss my SS sedan, but I figured that having a RWD WITH a manual transmission was more important to me than having the uniqueness of the SS. I knew letting it go was going to be painful, which is why I decided to go with the ZL1. I say get what you want, because EVs are really starting to become more prevalent and I don't see companies investing in new versions of ICE models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts