2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That’s the closest thing to answer, well done, I was hoping for. late spring order, being able to lock in my trade in and final price with my dealer, may have take a Mitsubishi Outlander Phev, there seems to be a better supply of them, have to see what the next couple of months bring
Here is the last response from a GM Representative, he seems to be in the dark

You have not receive any new information, because there has not been any new information released. Once information is available you will be able to receive information, and also find all the answers to the question you asked when website has been update with the vehicle features.

Regards
Abubakar

GM Canada Customer Care

[THREAD ID:4-DV35Q31]

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts

You have not receive any new information, because there has not been any new information released. Once information is available you will be able to receive information, and also find all the answers to the question you asked when website has been update with the vehicle features.

Regards
Abubakar

GM Canada Customer Care

WOW Abubakar, you have such a way with words! Maybe you should consider a job with GM Canada "Customer Care?" On the other hand, maybe that wouldn't be such a great idea! What a :poop:-head!

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts

Regards
Abubakar

GM Canada Customer Care

WOW Abubakar, you have such a way with words! Maybe you should consider a job with GM Canada "Customer Care?" On the other hand, maybe that wouldn't be such a great idea!
That’s the closest thing to answer, well done, I was hoping for. late spring order, being able to lock in my trade in and final price with my dealer, may have take a Mitsubishi Outlander Phev, there seems to be a better supply of them, have to see what the next couple of months bring
Hey Hal, have you looked very closely at the 2023 Outlander PHEV? I'm pretty well intrigued with the new version of the PHEV. The reviews look impressive too. I'm a bit concerned about the idea of paying around $50k for a nicely equipped SEL version. I do like the idea that they now have Nissan's involvement in Mitsubishi and that the Outlander is based off the Nissan Rogue. Close inspection of the new Outlander PHEV will expose lots of whistles and bells and offers over 450 miles in total range and 38 (or better) in EV mode only. Being retired, my wife and I would be able to drive on our normal and customary weekly runs on electric power only 97% of the time. Then on longer trips (vacations and infrequent road trips) you don't have to worry about range anxiety at all. The Outlander PHEV also stacks up very well against the Toyota RAV4 PRIME (virtually impossible to get one around where I live) too. The Outlander would most likely be a really good fit for us! (y) May have to take another look at it!

· Premium Member
28 Posts
I contacted GM Canada on Twitter Messages (they are really responsive there) and here is the answer:

Which means probably nothing before October '23 and mor realistically, based on production schedule, maybe November '23 damn! Maybe I will have to find a "temporary" car since my wide car is really in bad shape
And remember, Dec. 20 is still autumn. Conceivably it could be almost 18 months between introduction and production; and possibly another significant wait for delivery depending on your position on the reservation list. 🤬

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
WOW Abubakar, you have such a way with words! Maybe you should consider a job with GM Canada "Customer Care?" On the other hand, maybe that wouldn't be such a great idea!

Hey Hal, have you looked very closely at the 2023 Outlander PHEV? I'm pretty well intrigued with the new version of the PHEV. The reviews look impressive too. I'm a bit concerned about the idea of paying around $50k for a nicely equipped SEL version. I do like the idea that they now have Nissan's involvement in Mitsubishi and that the Outlander is based off the Nissan Rogue. Close inspection of the new Outlander PHEV will expose lots of whistles and bells and offers over 450 miles in total range and 38 (or better) in EV mode only. Being retired, my wife and I would be able to drive on our normal and customary weekly runs on electric power only 97% of the time. Then on longer trips (vacations and infrequent road trips) you don't have to worry about range anxiety at all. The Outlander PHEV also stacks up very well against the Toyota RAV4 PRIME (virtually impossible to get one around where I live) too. The Outlander would most likely be a really good fit for us! (y) May have to take another look at it!
I am in discussion with two Mitsubishi dealerships, their price is $54,048.00 for the Sel AWD, that is $58,450 with fees and destination + tax, the Sel is loaded and would meet my needs (even has passenger power seats that my wife says is a deal breaker), it’s priced about 7k more than aTuscon ultimate Phev but has a better Ev range. It looks like we won’t get Blazer until 2024, this might be a good fix until more Ev are available , if GM let me order my vehicle then I could make a firm deal with my dealership I would wait. I need to trade this year. I preordered a Tuscon Ultimate Phev Dec 2021it was never ordered, I have lost 3k value of my trade in and interest rate has increased by 4 %, to bad GM hasn’t been completely transparent

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts
I am in discussion with two Mitsubishi dealerships, their price is $54,048.00 for the Sel AWD, that is $58,450 with fees and destination + tax, the Sel is loaded and would meet my needs (even has passenger power seats that my wife says is a deal breaker), it’s priced about 7k more than aTuscon ultimate Phev but has a better Ev range. It looks like we won’t get Blazer until 2024, this might be a good fix until more Ev are available , if GM let me order my vehicle then I could make a firm deal with my dealership I would wait. I need to trade this year. I preordered a Tuscon Ultimate Phev Dec 2021it was never ordered, I have lost 3k value of my trade in and interest rate has increased by 4 %, to bad GM hasn’t been completely transparent
We have been to see the local Mitsubishi dealer and test drove the ICE car since they had none of the 2023 new and improved PHEVs. The ICE Outlander was not acceptable that we tested. However, the PHEV is reportedly much more performance oriented with a 0-60 time of around 6.5 seconds...which is fine with us. As you know, the PHEV has around 345 ft.lbs. of torque and 248 HP out the the two electric motors and 2.4L gas engine combined. We're close to giving up on the Blazer EV and we are not going to wait until late this year or early 2024 for a Blazer. My trade is losing value and the interest rates continue to rise on a regular basis. In this interest rate environment we will probably just go ahead and pay cash for whatever we end up getting. I'm waiting for the Mitsu sales manager to get baack in touch today so we can sit down and go over a potential deal and the SEL Premium vehicles availability and timing.

So, for us, the Outlander PHEV SEL Premium is feature rich and meets a lot of our needs and wants...and is further enhanced by the excellent Japanese build quality that we would get on this car. We are definitely going to pursue this vehicle further and see how things work out on this make and model. Our fallback EV car option for now would most likely be a Tesla Model Y. Our oldest son has one for around 6 months now and they are really liking it. We drove it and liked it too. We'll just see how things go!

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
We have been to see the local Mitsubishi dealer and test drove the ICE car since they had none of the 2023 new and improved PHEVs. The ICE Outlander was not acceptable that we tested. However, the PHEV is reportedly much more performance oriented with a 0-60 time of around 6.5 seconds...which is fine with us. As you know, the PHEV has around 345 ft.lbs. of torque and 248 HP out the the two electric motors and 2.4L gas engine combined. We're close to giving up on the Blazer EV and we are not going to wait until late this year or early 2024 for a Blazer. My trade is losing value and the interest rates continue to rise on a regular basis. In this interest rate environment we will probably just go ahead and pay cash for whatever we end up getting. I'm waiting for the Mitsu sales manager to get baack in touch today so we can sit down and go over a potential deal and the SEL Premium vehicles availability and timing.

So, for us, the Outlander PHEV SEL Premium is feature rich and meets a lot of our needs and wants...and is further enhanced by the excellent Japanese build quality that we would get on this car. We are definitely going to pursue this vehicle further and see how things work out on this make and model. Our fallback EV car option for now would most likely be a Tesla Model Y. Our oldest son has one for around 6 months now and they are really liking it. We drove it and liked it too. We'll just see how things go!
I hear you, I am taking the Same approach, good luck on your deal, let me know how you make out

· Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Stercus. What's the other EV you're currently waiting on?
Nissan Ariya AWD. I've had a reservation for that for almost a year and a half. Was originally supposed to be last summer, then end of 2022, then early 2023, now hearing they're not even starting production of the AWD version till April. For me it's going to to be a game of whichever is first, Blazer or Ariya.

· Registered
49 Posts
Nissan Ariya AWD. I've had a reservation for that for almost a year and a half. Was originally supposed to be last summer, then end of 2022, then early 2023, now hearing they're not even starting production of the AWD version till April. For me it's going to to be a game of whichever is first, Blazer or Ariya.
i tried the Ariya this week, it was an FWD model, it was underpower. Defintely wait for the AWD version.

· Registered
15 Posts
The news keeps getting worse at Nissan. I'm hearing dealers have been told not to expect the Ariya in any real numbers until 2024. (Extremely limited quantities in 2023)

· Registered
40 Posts
The news keeps getting worse at Nissan. I'm hearing dealers have been told not to expect the Ariya in any real numbers until 2024. (Extremely limited quantities in 2023)
I saw that too, doesn't looks good for Nissan!

I've just posted this in the News section: GM Releases 2022 Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year Results, and 2023 Guidance (pending approval from admins)

On Autoblog they say "Company Chief Financial Officer Paul Jacobson said on a call with journalists that the company will increase production of EVs in the first half and step up the pace even more in the second half of 2023. That’s likely to please investors who’ve have been waiting for GM to boost sales of its Ultium vehicles, which have sold in very small amounts during the past year. "

Tesla / Ford price cut seems to add some pressure to GM to deliver

· Registered
40 Posts
As of JAn. 16, 2023 GM’s updated page for Jan. say’s production status of Blazer Ev will be fall 2023, I hope this is wrong. ( find in GM Production Schedule)
On this page, the Hummer EV SUV production start is Spring 2023, but production started yesterday: https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/01/gmc-hummer-ev-suv-production-starts-today/ which means that it's not 100% reliable

Still hope that Blazer EV production will start this summer, at least for 2LT and/or RS which is fine for me.

Would like to know if "adaptative cruise control" will be available, I don't see it anywhere. In the Equinox EV press release we can read "Available Adaptive Cruise Control9 and HD Surround Vision"

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts
I hear you, I am taking the Same approach, good luck on your deal, let me know how you make out
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you. We had scheduled a test drive for the Outlander PHEV and then cancelled it. Why? The wife balked and said she didn't like the looks of the car...reminded her of and old Ford Explorer. So, that was that and it was over just that fast!:whistle:

· Registered
15 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to tell you. We had scheduled a test drive for the Outlander PHEV and then cancelled it. Why? The wife balked and said she didn't like the looks of the car...reminded her of and old Ford Explorer. So, that was that and it was over just that fast!:whistle:
I test drove an Outlander PHEV and loved it. Interior is very nice, looks upscale.

It feels/drives like an EV. Lots of electric torque down low with a 1-speed linear transmission. It has enough power to remain in EV only mode most of the time.

It feels most like the EV compared to Rav4 prime, Kia/Hyundai Sportage/Tucson phevs, etc.

All very good...

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts
I test drove an Outlander PHEV and loved it. Interior is very nice, looks upscale.

It feels/drives like an EV. Lots of electric torque down low with a 1-speed linear transmission. It has enough power to remain in EV only mode most of the time.

It feels most like the EV compared to Rav4 prime, Kia/Hyundai Sportage/Tucson phevs, etc.

All very good...
Thanks greenne for your comments on the Outlander. I did quite a lot of research on the PHEV model and felt like it would be a good fit for our particular needs and wants...probably as good or better than the fabled RAV4 Prime (the Toyota dealers just laughed when we asked about the possibility of getting one). So, I agree with your assessment. However, my wife is not convinced that she could live with the looks of the Outlander. Therefore, for now anyway, it's a no-go. ;)

· Registered
14 Posts
Thanks greenne for your comments on the Outlander. I did quite a lot of research on the PHEV model and felt like it would be a good fit for our particular needs and wants...probably as good or better than the fabled RAV4 Prime (the Toyota dealers just laughed when we asked about the possibility of getting one). So, I agree with your assessment. However, my wife is not convinced that she could live with the looks of the Outlander. Therefore, for now anyway, it's a no-go. ;)
Happy wife, happy life. Good job sir.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts