2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts
As of JAn. 16, 2023 GM’s updated page for Jan. say’s production status of Blazer Ev will be fall 2023, I hope this is wrong. ( find in GM Production Schedule)
That date is for the SS. Looks like the RS and 2LT are still showing Summer 2023. Please provide a link for the fall 2023 date. Not saying you are wrong. I'm just not seeing that in the First-Ever Blazer EV site currently.

· Registered
5 Posts
That date is for the SS. Looks like the RS and 2LT are still showing Summer 2023. Please provide a link for the fall 2023 date. Not saying you are wrong. I'm just not seeing that in the First-Ever Blazer EV site currently.
As you mentioned, the Blazer EV product page still states, "Pre-production model shown throughout. Actual production model will vary. Blazer EV available starting summer 2023. SS shown, available fall 2023." That being said, I sincerely doubt production in large numbers will begin until fall or winter. GM has acknowledged its struggle to ramp up Ultium production and is at least six month behind the schedule it originally announced. Add to that Chevy will be launching the Silverado EV at the same time, compounding the battery supply issue. Finally, GM is still in the process of refining its version of the Android Automotive system to be used on the Blazer. I would not be surprised if production was rolled back to fall or winter for all models.

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts
As you mentioned, the Blazer EV product page still states, "Pre-production model shown throughout. Actual production model will vary. Blazer EV available starting summer 2023. SS shown, available fall 2023." That being said, I sincerely doubt production in large numbers will begin until fall or winter. GM has acknowledged its struggle to ramp up Ultium production and is at least six month behind the schedule it originally announced. Add to that Chevy will be launching the Silverado EV at the same time, compounding the battery supply issue. Finally, GM is still in the process of refining its version of the Android Automotive system to be used on the Blazer. I would not be surprised if production was rolled back to fall or winter for all models.
Well, as always...time will tell, and, we shall see...how things progress. One can only hope for the best; however, I'm enough of a realist to see how things are progressing for GM's vehicle electrification efforts and the bottlenecks that they are facing. If I had to bet the farm, I'd go with a fall 2023 time-frame for the RS and 2LTs. IMO this whole electrification of vehicles event is definitely not for the faint of heart. That said, I must admit that I'm not a patient person and this whole process of acquiring an electric car is for me really akin to watching paint dry! I'll have to say that I've never been involved in a vehicle purchasing project as long and drawn out as this one is turning out to be! Almost makes me think about getting a Tesla...no not really...just kidding!o_O

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, as always...time will tell, and, we shall see...how things progress. One can only hope for the best; however, I'm enough of a realist to see how things are progressing for GM's vehicle electrification efforts and the bottlenecks that they are facing. If I had to bet the farm, I'd go with a fall 2023 time-frame for the RS and 2LTs. IMO this whole electrification of vehicles event is definitely not for the faint of heart. That said, I must admit that I'm not a patient person and this whole process of acquiring an electric car is for me really akin to watching paint dry! I'll have to say that I've never been involved in a vehicle purchasing project as long and drawn out as this one is turning out to be! Almost makes me think about getting a Tesla...no not really...just kidding!o_O
I always ordered my vehicle, got the options I wanted not what the dealership loaded on, it took 6 to 8 weeks for delivery My car is a 2015 ,still a good car but normally I would have traded two years ago, I am losing trade in value, I could buy a ICE but you see where the industry is heading, you can’t find a EV of any type and if you do they are marked up. Will have to wait it out and see where it goes, sure is frustrating ,hopefully GM lets out more news on timelines etc.

· Registered
40 Posts
As of JAn. 16, 2023 GM’s updated page for Jan. say’s production status of Blazer Ev will be fall 2023, I hope this is wrong. ( find in GM Production Schedule)
Blazer EV production date on this page is Fall 2023 since the first time it's been listed, on December 12. I really hope they are wrong since my wife car is really really at the end of life

· Registered
14 Posts
This summer would be great for me. I reserved on day 3. I wanted some units built before mine. I hope they can make RS deliverable by the fall. I cant decide on FWD vs AWD.....all I know now is I want the most range.

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts
Blazer EV production date on this page is Fall 2023 since the first time it's been listed, on December 12. I really hope they are wrong since my wife car is really really at the end of life
Yeah, something looks out of kilter on GM Authority's production schedule dates for the Blazer EV and Equinox EV (which was first added to the schedule back on 12/12/22) at the Ramos Arizpe, MX plant. A scheduled date for the Blazer EV of "Summer 2023" and Equinox EV of "Fall 2023" would have been expected and correct in accordance with GM's previously stated availability dates for production out of this Mexican plant? One could wonder if this isn't a typo? I also wonder why we "exclusive reservation holders" have received no updates...not even a peep of information...from Chevrolet for weeks/months now? I would certainly appreciate any updated information from Chevrolet concerning the current status of the Blazer EVs actual pending availability be it...good, bad or indifferent. Just like JPelletier is suggesting, Blazer EV buyers need to be able to plan and react in accordance to the cars actual delivery date. It seems to me that it's not too much to ask! Just tell us like it is and we'll plan accordingly!

· Registered
6 Posts
Funny how Chevrolet has no problem in running plenty of TV advertising on the Blazer EV and the Equinox EV...especially considering production is not likely until late(r) this year or 2024. Must confuse the general public who might go to a dealer thinking one is there! Also considering the whole $7,500 federal tax credit is unknown since the battery source issue is not settled, and both the cars will likely be rated by the IRS as Cars, not SUVs, ala Cadillac Lyric, thereby putting a $55K MSRP limit to be eligible vs. $80K (thinking of the Blazer SS).

· Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
153 Posts
Funny how Chevrolet has no problem in running plenty of TV advertising on the Blazer EV and the Equinox EV...especially considering production is not likely until late(r) this year or 2024. Must confuse the general public who might go to a dealer thinking one is there! Also considering the whole $7,500 federal tax credit is unknown since the battery source issue is not settled, and both the cars will likely be rated by the IRS as Cars, not SUVs, ala Cadillac Lyric, thereby putting a $55K MSRP limit to be eligible vs. $80K (thinking of the Blazer SS).
You are correct Tom! Just saw yesterday that it now seems GM is in some sort of squabble with LG (battery partner) and that their partnership may be on the rocks in the future. Any disruption in battery availability and flow would certainly not bode well for timely production of GMs electric vehicles and their ability to meet production goals. Guess it is like Roseanna Roseanadanna would often say: "It's Always Something!" Certainly sounds like an appropriate response when it comes to the trials and tribulations of producing electric vehicles!

· Registered
14 Posts
You are correct Tom! Just saw yesterday that it now seems GM is in some sort of squabble with LG (battery partner) and that their partnership may be on the rocks in the future. Any disruption in battery availability and flow would certainly not bode well for timely production of GMs electric vehicles and their ability to meet production goals. Guess it is like Roseanna Roseanadanna would often say: "It's Always Something!" Certainly sounds like an appropriate response when it comes to the trials and tribulations of producing electric vehicles!
They should work this out. LG prob has other makers waiting for the relationship to fail.

· Registered
27 Posts
They will still have 3 plants producing LG batteries. GM has many partnerships and pre-production batteries in development now. From what I read it was unclear if GM was trying to get LG to a certain price point for the cells to compete with what is in development with other manufacturers or if LG wanted to have more options with other auto makers. Given this 4th plant would not be built and producing batteries for many years. I would guess that the 3 plants they will have running will be enough for the electric cars that have been announced already. I would love to see GM produce some of the semi-solid state batteries and see if they mean it when they said you would be able to upgrade the modules in the ultium battery packs. Obviously it would be expensive to do, but it would tell us about how serious they were about the benefits/flexibilities of the ultium platform.

· Registered
3 Posts
As someone who is also currently waiting on another EV that was originally promised along time ago, I'd be shocked if any of the Blazer EVs were available before the end of the year. I think Dec would be best case scenario. At some point it will be obvious and they'll have to announce the delay but it would be foolish for them to publicly do that now especially with the Tesla price drop pulling people away from waiting lists on other EVs.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As someone who is also currently waiting on another EV that was originally promised along time ago, I'd be shocked if any of the Blazer EVs were available before the end of the year. I think Dec would be best case scenario. At some point it will be obvious and they'll have to announce the delay but it would be foolish for them to publicly do that now especially with the Tesla price drop pulling people away from waiting lists on other EVs.
[/QUOTE

Here is my reply from GM, they never answered any of my questions and I had asked for updates when I reserved, as far as reaching out to the dealership we know how useless that is.
I-sent them another message and asked for answers from someone who could give me updated information. Also there are phone numbers if someone wants to call.

Thank you for your email. We still have not started production yet. I would advise you visit our website and pot in to the get updates on Blazer Ev, for new information when there ate out. Reserve order does not mean you have an order yet, I would advise you reach out to your selling dealership as soon as production starts.
Should you have any additional inquires please do not hesitate to reach back out to us or call our Customer Care Centre by dialing, toll-free 1-800-263-3777 or 1-800-263-7854 (French), Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 9:00pm, Saturday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, Eastern Standard Time.

Regards,
Abubakar

GM Canada Customer Care

· Registered
40 Posts
I contacted GM Canada on Twitter Messages (they are really responsive there) and here is the answer:

Thanks for your message. Our Blazer EV has anticipated availability beginnging Fall 2023. Your selected dealer will contact you when it is time to order your vehicle. At that time, you will complete your purchase order at your chosen dealer, which confirms your order details such as model year, colour, price of your vehicle and an estimated delivery date. In the meantime, you can also sign-up for updates at our website
Which means probably nothing before October '23 and mor realistically, based on production schedule, maybe November '23 damn! Maybe I will have to find a "temporary" car since my wide car is really in bad shape

· Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Stercus. What's the other EV you're currently waiting on?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I contacted GM Canada on Twitter Messages (they are really responsive there) and here is the answer:

Which means probably nothing before October '23 and mor realistically, based on production schedule, maybe November '23 damn! Maybe I will have to find a "temporary" car since my wide car is really in bad shape
That’s the closest thing to answer, well done, I was hoping for. late spring order, being able to lock in my trade in and final price with my dealer, may have take a Mitsubishi Outlander Phev, there seems to be a better supply of them, have to see what the next couple of months bring

1 - 20 of 37 Posts