2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti.
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being a member / moderator of my fair share of automotive forums I was curious as to how this small group (for now) felt about the (bound to happen) problems that this new platform will experience during its first days of production and subsequent early ownership. Contrary to the views of many of the people I encounter on the "other" car sites that I frequent, my view is that the first year of ANY new platform is going to be fraught with issues. Some bad, some awful, and some just a PIA. Is this place going to be populated with people willing to accept that first year owners are primarily "Beta testers" and that there will be issues and that the difference between a really BAD experience and one that is only bothersome will be defined by Chevy / GM and the dealer you buy your Blazer from? How many of you will buy this new EV from "Jump Street" and how many will wait 6 months or more to try to wait out the early "bugs"? Will the cyber armor go up every time someone here makes a legit. criticism or will we just take it as it comes? Speaking only for myself I never liked Kool-Aid. ;)

·
Registered
1968 Camaro - 2010 Camaro SS/RS (VIN 000296) - 2008 Trailblazer (V8) - 2019 Jeep GC Limited X
68 Posts
I hear ya. When I ordered my 2010 Camaro, it was a completely new platform but with a mostly tested drivetrain. I still don't have 10,000 miles on it yet......should be later this year......maybe. We'll see. Never had a problem, but there were some who did. I know it's not the same thing, but I'm hopeful that GM has done their due diligence on testing and there won't be many problems off the start. Also, hoping the Blazer is going to share enough with the Lyriq that we won't be in completely uncharted waters. If the price is right and the options are there, I'm going to say that I'm in as of now. Later this week I'll be declining my Ocean ONE option too. I still like the Ocean, just not how the process is going with details and package pricing. Hoping on the 18th that we get a lot of this information from Chevrolet so we know what we're looking at now for when production starts. It still just amazes me that Fisker isn't going to share until October (maybe) it sounds like on the information you need to make an ordering decision. There's so many vehicles hopefully coming soon, I'm afraid that Fisker needs something more to draw people in. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
115 Posts
After being a member / moderator of my fair share of automotive forums I was curious as to how this small group (for now) felt about the (bound to happen) problems that this new platform will experience during its first days of production and subsequent early ownership. Contrary to the views of many of the people I encounter on the "other" car sites that I frequent, my view is that the first year of ANY new platform is going to be fraught with issues. Some bad, some awful, and some just a PIA. Is this place going to be populated with people willing to accept that first year owners are primarily "Beta testers" and that there will be issues and that the difference between a really BAD experience and one that is only bothersome will be defined by Chevy / GM and the dealer you buy your Blazer from? How many of you will buy this new EV from "Jump Street" and how many will wait 6 months or more to try to wait out the early "bugs"? Will the cyber armor go up every time someone here makes a legit. criticism or will we just take it as it comes? Speaking only for myself I never liked Kool-Aid. ;)
Ditto what
anraganjr
said. Not fond of Kool-Aid either!:giggle:

·
Registered
12 Posts
From my experience I've done both the bleeding edge and waiting a little while. My 2012 Volt was a second year model where GM added some more features that the 2011 lacked. They usually change up some of the options in the first few years as they figure out a new model's strengths and weaknesses compared to the competition. Unfortunately, some issues have persisted the length of a model's life. For example, the Volt had slow AC charging (relative to even back in 2011). They never offered 6.6 kW charging on the first generation. The Bolt EV has been held back by poor DC fast charging since its introduction. Hopefully GM has learned from past mistakes plans a little better. On the positive side, I think the first gen Volt's battery pack was over-engineered and had an excessive buffer to combat degradation. My 2012 was faultless for my 3 year lease.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti.
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since we've gained a significant number of members since I started this thread, and we know a lot more about the new Blazer I thought I would run it past the new folks for their thoughts / comments.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am afraid that all the early Blazer EV buyers like me will be guinea pigs who will go through lots of problems because we just can't wait for the 2025 "improved" model. Every company rushes their EV products to market without proper testing. Look at all the issues Mach E owners have encountered. GM will launch and sell Lyrics, Silverados, Hummers and Blazers in late 2022 and 2223. There is no way they will find and fix issues by then. I hope I am wrong

·
Registered
38 Posts
I expect there to be issues and will likely tolerate most of them. What I'm wondering is how many of the issues will be addressed through an over-the-air software update. I have been impressed with how some of the automakers have leveraged this technology to not only fix problems but also to add features to cars after the sale (similar to the cell phone model). I think this is going to play a huge factor in reliability and satisfaction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts