2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just reserved an SS after doing some pretty exhaustive research. I currently own a Model Y Performance as my DD, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk for off roading and other scenarios when I need an ICE vehicle for whatever reason. I never loved the look of the Model Y, even though it's been a great vehicle. The egg shape of it makes it too "crossovery" looking for my taste. Will likely sell the Model Y when I take delivery of the Blazer. Still not 100 percent sold on getting the SS over the RS, just want AWD and ventilated seating. Pretty excited! Thanks for the insights so far, and TIA for anything that comes up in the future!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats @ChronicEnhanced!
I'm curious about the reservation process? Was there a deposit, and how detailed were you able to get in the order (spec, color, battery pack, etc.)?
The reservation process doesn't seem great. The website at first wouldn't let me select a trim, so had to reload a bunch of times. Finally got to select the SS and went through the process. You then select a dealer you'd like to work with. I was a bit concerned about this as I have 0 experience with any Chevrolet dealer, everyone I know who drives a GM has a GMC. I just did a search and went off customer reviews for the dealership. Having ordered a few vehicles in the past that were in demand like I am assuming the Blazer will be, I will ensure I get it in writing at the time of order that they will not be charging any extra markup fees from what I have agreed. You are able to change your dealership you are working with at any point in the process up to actually placing the order, so that alleviated most of my concern of working with a dealership. There is a $100 fully refundable deposit. It is refundable if you cancel it before you actually work with your selected dealer and actually place the order, You select all the details, color, options, etc when you actually order the vehicle. The registration confirmation I got doesn't even say SS on it, so I'm assuming it is just a first come first serve list for people to order what model they want, and likely so the dealer can spam you to get you to purchase a vehicle. So, not the best reservation system I've dealt with, but definitely not the worst as it's only $100. Rivian (I was considering an R1S as well) wanted a non refundable $1000 deposit. When I ordered the Tesla, it was also $1000, but you got to select your exact vehicle with all options and was refundable up until the point your vehicle actually started being built. A bit long winded, but that's been my experience. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum @ChronicEnhanced! What convinced you to go with the Blazer compared to the R1S or other EVs?
Thanks! I am a big guy, 6'5", so I prefer the ride height of an SUV. On the flip side though, I didn't want something the size of a city block like the Cybertruck. Being in Michigan, AWD was a must for me. I was close to reserving an R1S after seeing one in person, but it was still on the big side, and there are a lot of complaints about numerous issues with the Rivians. I don't like the Mach E, but thats just a dumb reason on my own, the high pitched sound it makes so everyone knows you're driving an EV. It likely serves a purpose, and probably can be turned off, but it was enough to dissuade me from getting one. I thought about the Fisker Ocean as well, but it looks too much like a crossover, similar to my Model Y. The Blazer hits everything I wanted. 300ish mile range, awd, good performance options when I want it, and hoping it is semi capable off road. Not anything crazy, but the occasional 2 track or snow conditions. The red interior was probably the icing on the cake that got me to pull the trigger and reserve one though

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks! I am a big guy, 6'5", so I prefer the ride height of an SUV. On the flip side though, I didn't want something the size of a city block like the Cybertruck. Being in Michigan, AWD was a must for me. I was close to reserving an R1S after seeing one in person, but it was still on the big side, and there are a lot of complaints about numerous issues with the Rivians. I don't like the Mach E, but thats just a dumb reason on my own, the high pitched sound it makes so everyone knows you're driving an EV. It likely serves a purpose, and probably can be turned off, but it was enough to dissuade me from getting one. I thought about the Fisker Ocean as well, but it looks too much like a crossover, similar to my Model Y. The Blazer hits everything I wanted. 300ish mile range, awd, good performance options when I want it, and hoping it is semi capable off road. Not anything crazy, but the occasional 2 track or snow conditions. The red interior was probably the icing on the cake that got me to pull the trigger and reserve one though

Glad to see someone else from the area. I'm also in SE Michigan and also require AWD. I was hoping to see one testing on the road by now since seeing test vehicles in all stages of development is a common occurrence around here. Unfortunately, no luck yet :).

I looked at the Model Y and felt the same way. I also felt like the interior was too minimalistic for my taste. I reserved the RS and I am hoping they offer the Heads Up Display like shown on the SS, but not a deal breaker if they don't.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah I've heard it's a bit of a mixed bag right now with Rivian deliveries. Which I guess is to be expected from a new company like that. What color are you going with to go with the red interior?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey everyone. I just reserved an SS after doing some pretty exhaustive research. I currently own a Model Y Performance as my DD, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk for off roading and other scenarios when I need an ICE vehicle for whatever reason. I never loved the look of the Model Y, even though it's been a great vehicle. The egg shape of it makes it too "crossovery" looking for my taste. Will likely sell the Model Y when I take delivery of the Blazer. Still not 100 percent sold on getting the SS over the RS, just want AWD and ventilated seating. Pretty excited! Thanks for the insights so far, and TIA for anything that comes up in the future!
[/QUOTEi

·
Registered
15 Posts
We owned a Model Y for 6 mos.
we didn’t feel there was ANY quality assoc. with it. The suspension sucked.
test drove a Bolt EUV , it road like it was on glass. Chevy Blazer will hit it out of the park. More
selection of EVs will cut into Tesla appeal (IMHO)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts