2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner

Just cancelled my reservation

9K views 51 replies 29 participants last post by  gatesisevil 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Its not just Apple Carplay, Android Auto is being phased out too. You'll still be able to make calls and have music play through the bluetooth interface, you just won't be able to have the pretty interface.

#3 ·
I am driving a Tesla, have an Android, I still use the phone cradle. No problem.
That's also apps that can mirror to the Tesla screen.

It's Apple that dig their grave. They charge everything for licensing, and be niche of the market.
I did not own any Apple Iphone for 20years, and won't have one.

#7 ·
I am driving a Tesla, have an Android, I still use the phone cradle. No problem.
That's also apps that can mirror to the Tesla screen.

It's Apple that dig their grave. They charge everything for licensing, and be niche of the market.
I did not own any Apple Iphone for 20years, and won't have one.
From what I understand, Apple does not charge the automaker for CarPlay. It just costs then programming time to keep their system up to date with the phones.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum @nuflat. I can't imagine the experience would be that bad with Google helping. A downside might be the cost of the subscription options: "We do believe there are subscription revenue opportunities for us,"

#11 ·
I’ll wait to see what the new interface looks like, but the fact that they didn’t announce it until now doesn’t make me super confident. CarPlay and Android Auto are known and tested systems, I’m not sure why they would bail on them (other than subscription money). I haven’t cancelled yet, but I’ve started shopping.

#12 ·
Although, now that I think about it, my 2022 Bolt EUV has my iPhone listed for an audio source for music (when not connecting to CarPlay) on the audio screen, so just the album cover art would not show up. Still would miss the apple maps though. Maybe not a deal breaker for me, we‘ll see.

#14 ·
This would definitely be something to consider as I like using the Android apps on my head-unit. I'm not going to rush to cancel until I understand what is replacing it. Doesn't make sense to replace something so convenient with something that won't be convenient. I also don't think I'll be paying for a subscription service.

#15 ·
I'm a current 2020 Blazer RS owner, planning on ordering a 2025 Blazer EV SS. As a third generation GM guy (12 cars, bought or leased), this gives me pause. I have never liked the vehicles standard nav systems. I wish to use my Apple or Google maps from my phone. The Buick Encore, 3rd one, that I'm about to lease for my mother-in-law will have Bluetooth CarPlay. This car will sticker for under 30K. The car I want will be close to 70K, but will not have the same feature, unacceptable.

#16 ·
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get about this. Not so much that GM wants to make this move (it’s their company), but that they are starting with the Blazer that we placed deposits on based on a feature set that they have advertised for almost a year. It’s not like they had to remove it due to some engineering problem, this was a deliberate decision. They should add this to their future product roadmap, but honor the features on already announced products. That’s my rant. Thoughts?

#17 ·
I'm an Android user and use Android auto everytime i get in my car. Even a spin down the street. I was excited about GM having android automotive. Why wouldn't I. A more integrated system, yes please. But reading the article and saying subscription service within the same context. Nah. This give me some pause for thought. Every since the launch more and more has come out. And not in a good way. If Ford can give me cooling seats and the stated coming Android Automotive (no required sub) in the 2024 model, they would have me asap. They almost have me with Android auto but i gotta keep my cooling seats. I'm not going to cancel yet but GM may have lost this sale

#19 ·
I am getting closer to canceling too. Have my dealer looking for a 23 Blazer RS loaded up just the way I like it. I will need to trade in my Bolt EUV to make it happen. I will really miss 1 pedal driving, and will most likely return to an EV in 4 years or so after tech progresses and charging infrastructure is improved. That GM CarPlay/subscription move tipped me over the edge!

#21 ·
yup - I'm a hair away from cancelling my Blazer EV order (was eyeing either an RS or SS)

This is a not so sneaky way to force even more OnStar down your throat. Why should I pay for data I don't want, through a system I don't want (and only works 50% of the time)

I'm driving my 2022 EUV right now, and while I love the car, I already have a preview of how gimped they will make a car if you don't drink the OnStar koolaid.

#23 ·
Actually just went through with the cancellation request, guessing the dealership will just send me a $100 check or something in a week or two, we'll see.

I'm sure GM won't be able to put two and two together and understand WHY people are cancelling orders. Even if your tech is great/sexy/modern, all it takes is one greedy executive to push this garbage down the line and piss everyone off.

#27 ·
Welcome to the forum @Blazerboy That'll be interesting becuase Honda is using Google's software for their cars.

Honda, which is also adopting Google’s built-in software integration for the next Accord, said it has no plans to do so at the expense of CarPlay and Android Auto.

“Our customers find value in our support of CarPlay, Android Auto, and Google built-in and we now offer these connected solutions across our lineup,” Honda spokesperson Jessica Fini said. “We will continue to offer a range of high quality, interactive solutions to provide value to our customers that match their own technology choices.”

#36 ·
Blazer EV is not there. Yet.
While I don't disagree with you, I guess my reaction is this: "none of us has actually sat in one, driven one, or touched one yet".

We have a 22 Bolt EV in our family (I got it for my son when he turned 16) and honestly, it exceeded our expectations. I never in my life thought I'd own a Chevrolet -- but this car actually did impress me for the money. I'm hoping that even with a seemingly high pricetag, the Blazer EV RS does the same. Time will tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.