2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering in what order do things usually happen when a company starts preorders for a new model. Can anyone put my letters in the order they should happen (let's take the SS model for this example?

A- Pre-orders begin (end of July 2022)
B- Manufacturer releases all the info (options, fuel economy, etc.) about the car
C- Press-event where journalist got to test-drive the Blazer EV (approx date ???)
D- GM starts mass production (end of 2023)
E- GM delivers one car to each dealer for test-drives (approx date ???)
F- Customers get the chance to test-drive one (approx date ???)
G- Official order made by customers at their dealer (approx date ???)
H- Deliveries to people who pre-ordered it start (approx date ???)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think steps A-C look right. Step G "Official ordere made by customer" will likely happen prior to step D as those are the first cars they will be building. If you have one of the "Exclusive" reservations, my guess is that the first car you will get to see in person and drive will be the one you order. It will be one of the first to arrive at the dealership. This is the case with many new vehicles. I highly doubt there will be a step E or F. The chance to test drive prior to ordering likely won't happen in the first model year as all of those are going to be pre-sold.

Ignoring all of the current issues with parts and logistics, normally a vehicle is built and then may sit for several days while being scheduled for shipping and then makes it's way to the dealer. I would guess, once it is bult, it would arrive at the dealer in 2-3 weeks (depending on where you are located). Again, this is in normal times. Who knows if a lot of the current chip shortages and shipping issues will be resolved by the time they build the Blazer EV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts