2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner

i’m out…

1479 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  BlazCraz
Sadly, too many twigs were broken. Between Apple Carplay loss, Subscription potential, being kept in the dark since I ordered July 18, 2022, and the silence about the tax credit…. ive already ordered another car, know the price i’m paying, and can pick it up in a few weeks.

For those of you staying, i look forward to seeing how this car turns out!

For those of you who are like me, I hope you find the car you’re looking for!
Reactions: 4
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
I will kill my reservation this week. I love carplay and use it daily. There is nothing I am willing to subscribe to for transportation.
Reactions: 1
Latest article I read states vehicle purchase will include 8 years of Google maps and navigation. GM also claiming vehicle will qualify for full $7500 tax credit. Batteries built in the USA. Raw materials from approved sources. If all true, a step in the right direction.
Reactions: 2
Latest article I read states vehicle purchase will include 8 years of Google maps and navigation. GM also claiming vehicle will qualify for full $7500 tax credit. Batteries built in the USA. Raw materials from approved sources. If all true, a step in the right direction.
Impossible, even data is not free, and you must pay for data in US/ Canada. In the subscription of things. GM won't let this super profitable piece of the pie be free.
And also, you forgot Onstar? THe last time I spoke to an Car Show GM rep, they told me, an active Onstar subscription is required even for turning the car A/C and remote service.

GM ain't Tesla. Their overhead is big, we just cannot compare a Tesla Tech level with GM.
THere's always a cost, GM exec revenue management simply state those are "option" people wants, and can be a source of revenue.
But not is good is they overly priced on all the aspect people already accustomed to. This ruins the customer expectation. Will GM recover from this Android/ Carplay crisis?

Let see how they will react.

I bet they already have discuss this at a high level internally. Some people will get fire.
Over and out. Just called my selected Chevy dealer to tell them I was cancelling my Blazer EV reservation. Just got fed up with the lack of information from GM and I'm doubting their ability to get these cars out to consumers before Fall of this year.

Still going EV though. We just purchased a KIA EV6 "Wind" model with AWD and tech package rather than wait around for GM to do something. Found the EV6 in the right color, model and equipped the way we wanted it...and...the price was right! The car was in inventory so we could test drive and check out the exact vehicle that we were buying. Alleviated the problem of buying something sight unseen, untested and unproven. We are really happy with the EV6 and we think we have made a good decision...LOVE IT :love:!
  • Love
Reactions: 5
Over and out. Just called my selected Chevy dealer to tell them I was cancelling my Blazer EV reservation. Just got fed up with the lack of information from GM and I'm doubting their ability to get these cars out to consumers before Fall of this year.

Still going EV though. We just purchased a KIA EV6 "Wind" model with AWD and tech package rather than wait around for GM to do something. Found the EV6 in the right color, model and equipped the way we wanted it...and...the price was right! The car was in inventory so we could test drive and check out the exact vehicle that we were buying. Alleviated the problem of buying something sight unseen, untested and unproven. We are really happy with the EV6 and we think we have made a good decision...LOVE IT :love:!
I think we're planning to go the same route. Let us know how you like the Kia after you've had it for a bit.
I think we're planning to go the same route. Let us know how you like the Kia after you've had it for a bit.
Loving it a lot: so far! (y)
Enjoy your kia. Too small for my family.
I understand your situation. The EV6 is just the right size for our needs and wants; and therefore, no issue for us...retired, no children at home...so we don't need an overly large car.
I understand your situation. The EV6 is just the right size for our needs and wants; and therefore, no issue for us...retired, no children at home...so we don't need an overly large car.
Better buy / carry a 12 volt jump pack for / in the EV6 as you will probably need it.
Better buy / carry a 12 volt jump pack for / in the EV6 as you will probably need it.
I carry one in my cars at all times.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts