2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here. Put in my reservation for a Blazer EV. I'm leaning towards the RS (most range) as much as I'd love the SS, if you have a keen eye my username should tip you off as to why I'm not too concerned with getting the SS. I figure the range topper will be sufficient for my needs as a daily driver. My current daily driver is a Nissan Leaf, and while I love the instant torque that makes it a great sleeper (have caught a Charger V8, Newer model Lexus V8 sedan, and other full sized trucks off guard), I feel like I want more out of my daily driver.

My plan is as follow, I have a Bolt EUV reserved, which should be here by around November. I will then get to claim an EV credit for 2022. By the time Summer 2023 rolls around, I'm hoping that my Blazer will be ready for delivery. I do hope that GM has upped its game with the Blazer, as my Camaro has some antiquated tech.

I placed an order for a Kia EV6 back in March, and even now still have an order for a BMW i4 e40 that I put back in April. The Kia dealership I was dealing with just never communicated with me so I recently pulled my order. The BMW is due to be built around the first of 2023, but BMW has decided to remove some options in an attempt to make them exclusive to their M50 (the highest trim). I suspect that I'll be cancelling that order as well. If I can get the Bolt EUV ordered, and then trade that vehicle in come Summer for the Blazer, I'll hopefully keep the Blazer as my primary daily driver. Hopefully it's in the cards for me, although if I really have to keep the Nissan Leaf, I'm not necessarily doing that bad. The cost of charging the leaf from about 30% to 100% (yes I know most recommend 80% but I want to get the most range I can get) is about $12. I can probably manage about 35-40 miles with that kind of money on gas for the Camaro. Looking forward to sharing information, and seeing the first Blazers get into peoples' hands (although I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky ones :D )

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @BlaZL1er, which drivetrain are you going to choose for your RS? RWD, FWD, or AWD?
I already have a puny little Leaf, and the torque steer on just 250 TQ going to the front wheels is pretty bad. I considered AWD but since I'm going RS, I figure I'd rather get the full range compliment and I suspect AWD may cut into the 300 range a bit. Thus, I'm going with RWD. I'm looking forward (no pun intended) to seeing how the instant torque feels with such a large EV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts