2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone!

Coming to the group from Waleska, GA which is Northwest of Atlanta near Canton. Have really liked the looks of the Blazer EV since it was introduced. But honestly, since GM was not eligible for the tax credit, I just couldn't jump on board. I have a reservation for Fisker Ocean but did not join the group that placed the $5k deposit. I do have an order in and am expecting an EV6 in the next few months. But my plan is that will be a temporary vehicle until my Blazer EV comes in. Obviously going to be keeping a close eye on the Inflation Reduction Act and particularly the section related to EVs. Look forward to reading everyones comments.

·
Registered
1968 Camaro - 2010 Camaro SS/RS (VIN 000296) - 2008 Trailblazer (V8) - 2019 Jeep GC Limited X
69 Posts
Welcome...........yeah, there are a few of us on here that also have reservations on an Ocean. Personally, I put mine down for it 11-30-19. I couldn't shell out $5K NR on something with so many unanswered questions and unknowns. Hate to say it, but almost kinda glad they did. Kept me from putting down money I can't get back and reserving a Blazer SS. I know a lot of stuff can change between now and production, but they released more information in one day than I feel like Fisker has in 2 years. And now that we might be getting the tax incentive back, that's another win. I just like seeing more standard features so far too.

Reactions: ToddH65

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
128 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Coming to the group from Waleska, GA which is Northwest of Atlanta near Canton. Have really liked the looks of the Blazer EV since it was introduced. But honestly, since GM was not eligible for the tax credit, I just couldn't jump on board. I have a reservation for Fisker Ocean but did not join the group that placed the $5k deposit. I do have an order in and am expecting an EV6 in the next few months. But my plan is that will be a temporary vehicle until my Blazer EV comes in. Obviously going to be keeping a close eye on the Inflation Reduction Act and particularly the section related to EVs. Look forward to reading everyones comments.
Welcome to the board ToddH65! Thought I recognized your name from the Ocean forum. And yes, looks like there are several people with/had Fisker reservations over here on the Blazer EV forum. If the new EV legislation is passed, it will be quite a reversal of fortune in tax benefits offered by going with GM versus Fisker. Understandably, the Fiskerites are not happy with the pending consequences of the proposed legislation.

I'm familiar with your neck of the woods down there in GA. I lived in Dalton several years ago when I was affiliated with the carpet industry. Nice area!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm "UltraVol" on the Ocean forum. I'm in Knoxville, TN.
anraganjr and I were trailblazers over here when there were less than 10 members.
Yep, I would have recognized you. And now your name on Ocean forum makes total sense. I was so focused on Ultra when Blazer was announced. Really liked the Blazer. Now the fate of my final decision rests at the hands of our government. Really like both and will have no problem either way.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
128 Posts
Yep, I would have recognized you. And now your name on Ocean forum makes total sense. I was so focused on Ultra when Blazer was announced. Really liked the Blazer. Now the fate of my final decision rests at the hands of our government. Really like both and will have no problem either way.
Yep, I know where you are coming from. "Really like both and will have no problem either way"

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have an Ultra in mind as my first choice but strongly considering Blazer RS (nearest comparable trim in price) as my second vehicle. I still feel you are getting more for your dollar with the Ultra in range and AWD. Of course all the features that everyone is waiting to be revealed on both vehicles may be enough to swing me one way or the other. Here in Canada we would receive the 5k rebate on either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts