2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. So besides certain design choices, the main differences seem to be fractionally smaller range, fractionally smaller space, and the loss of certain features (Smaller sunroof, smaller wheel choices, less DC fast-charging, less HP, etc). No pricing details released yet, but the LT starting price is significantly less than the Blazer LT so it will be interesting to see how the RS and RS3 trims stack up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I posted this in the Equinox EV forums.

Chevy confirmed that the Blazer EV is nearly three inches wider, just over two inches longer, and about an inch taller than the Equinox EV. That puts the Equinox EV at about 190 inches long, 74 inches wide, and 66 inches tall.

Interesting... Current equinox is 183" L x 73" W x 65" h

·
Registered
2018 Suburban #3
49 Posts
59.2 is a little disappointing, I was hoping for low to mid 60s. especially if the equinox is 57.
That number is with the rear seats down. The Lyriq is 60.8 Seats down. I know the Lyriq is in production and out in the world. But I wish Chevy would provide a spec sheet like the Lyriq, see link: Specs & Details information (cadillac.com)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really hard to justify the premium for the Blazer over Equinox. Only 2 cu.ft. of difference, 3 miles less range on Blazer for equivalent versions, very similar dashboard (screens), same towing capacity (still hope more than 1,500 on the blazer for larger battery pack models)

I'm curious, are you still going for the Blazer and why?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Really hard to justify the premium for the Blazer over Equinox. Only 2 cu.ft. of difference, 3 miles less range on Blazer for equivalent versions, very similar dashboard (screens), same towing capacity (still hope more than 1,500 on the blazer for larger battery pack models)

I'm curious, are you still going for the Blazer and why?
Way to say what we're all thinking...

Things I like about the Blazer over the Equinox.
1. Larger sunroof.
2. Slightly larger storage/vehicle width (not a deal breaker though)
3. Higher DC charging. However, depending on the charge curve it might not mean much of a difference.

I would wait until I see the price difference between the 3RS Equinox and the RS Blazer before I would decide between them. I guess it also depends on if you want your vehicle by next summer, or 6-9 months later at the earliest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Personally I like the look of the blazer a little better. I’m hoping it will also feel more roomy but until we have numbers who knows. It really is a tough choice now. I think more people will go for the equinox so maybe the blazer will be easier to get. But the extra price tag if tough to get around. I’m going to the OC auto show in Anaheim at the end of the month. Hopefully they will have both cars there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wonder why the blazer doesn't have a 2 tier console like the Equinox. What're they doing with that wasted space. Apparently the Equinox has a 120v wall outlet in the lower tier as well.

Also motorized handles vs motorized charge port. I'd like a trade!

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti.
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
One of the styling features that to my eye works against the Blazer and for the Equinox is the rear quarter glass treatments into the rear waterfall. What do you think?
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Bumper
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

21 - 37 of 37 Posts