2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Details for the Equinox EV have been released. The FWD is targeting 300 miles of range and eAWD is 280 miles of range. So the eAWD only looses 20 miles of range. So the Blazer with 293 miles of range in FWD should end up with about 270 - 275 mile range rating for the eAWD and medium battery pack.
Not terrible, but a little disappointing. I hope they offer the AWD with the larger battery for us colder climate people.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not terrible, but a little disappointing. I hope they offer the AWD with the larger battery for us colder climate people.
Yes the real question will be if we can get the largest battery with AWD in the RS trim. That would probably be around ~295-300mi range (320mi RWD - 20 to 25mi AWD penalty). If the RS only comes in AWD with the medium battery (est 270mi or so) I might as well get an Equinox EV which is likely cheaper and estimating 280mi range for AWD.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wonder how they're going to differentiate the Equinox and Blazer more since they're not so different in size and range. "Sportier" is not a good reason for a potential large price difference when comparing RS trims.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes the real question will be if we can get the largest battery with AWD in the RS trim. That would probably be around ~295-300mi range (320mi RWD - 20 to 25mi AWD penalty). If the RS only comes in AWD with the medium battery (est 270mi or so) I might as well get an Equinox EV which is likely cheaper and estimating 280mi range for AWD.
The Chevy engineer in this video says for the RS, the large battery is only available with RWD. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me since AWD is the least efficient so it seems like you'd want the larger battery, but there it is.

Around 3:27

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
127 Posts
Seems like there is a very large performance gat between the RS and SS trims? Where do people go who want some decent "sportiness" in these Blazer EV proposed offerings? Personally, I don't need WOW mode; but, I do want something better than Grandma/Grandpa mode. Come on Chevy, I'm sure you can do better in this area! 😢 ⚡

61 - 68 of 68 Posts