2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Camaro - 2010 Camaro SS/RS (VIN 000296) - 2008 Trailblazer (V8) - 2019 Jeep GC Limited X
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good starting article from Car and Driver that will be updated as more information becomes available.

2024 Chevrolet Blazer EV: What We Know So Far

Hopefully the SS won't be in the $70,000 range when additional details are released later this year.

Some of the main things I'm interested in learning about for this or any EV I'm considering.

• EV Motor(s), Power, and Performance
  • Range, Charging, and Battery Life
  • Fuel Economy and Real-World MPGe
  • Interior, Comfort, and Cargo
  • Infotainment and Connectivity
  • Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
  • Warranty and Maintenance Coverage
  • 300 plus miles of range minimum
  • Heat pump
  • Battery charge pre-conditioning linked to navigation
  • Google OS built-in, maybe Alexa
  • Android Auto
  • Digital rear view mirror(s)
  • Super cruise
  • Heated and ventilated front seats
  • Heated rear seats would be a plus
  • 800V charging (will Chevrolet expand on what they did for the Bolt by providing Level 2 charging equipment at home)
  • V2L (Vehicle to home, another EV and 120V devices)

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
32 Posts
A good starting article from Car and Driver that will be updated as more information becomes available.

Hopefully the SS won't be in the $70,000 range when additional details are released later this year.

Some of the main things I'm interested in learning about for this or any EV I'm considering.

• Heat pump
  • Android Auto
  • Super cruise
  • 800V charging (will Chevrolet expand on what they did for the Bolt by providing Level 2 charging equipment at home)
anraganjr: Your "items interested in" list is VERY similar to mine.;) Sure hope it has more cargo space than the Ocean!

·
Registered
1968 Camaro - 2010 Camaro SS/RS (VIN 000296) - 2008 Trailblazer (V8) - 2019 Jeep GC Limited X
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anraganjr: Your "items interested in" list is VERY similar to mine.;) Sure how it has more cargo space than the Ocean!
Hoping to hear more in July on this. I think I also read that GM has said that the Blazer could be built faster than expected, so maybe we'll get a nice surprise.

·
Registered
4 Posts

• Heat pump
  • Android Auto
  • Super cruise
My list is about the same but I want Apple car play and I do not care about rear heated seats but a heated steering wheel would be nice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
32 Posts
Check off another box from our want list.

Heat pumps will be on ALL GM/Chevy EVs per this article. Heat pumps included in GM EVs could give them a real-world range advantage

If what I've read and the renders show, Apple Car Play is also going to be on the offering list.
Good find and good info! GM's heat pump tech seems to be very efficient and cutting-edge. Looks like the Apple Car Play is coming too! I could be wrong; but, I don't think the Ocean has a heat pump?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good find and good info! GM's heat pump tech seems to be very efficient and cutting-edge. Looks like the Apple Car Play is coming too! I could be wrong; but, I don't think the Ocean has a heat pump?
Per the 2021 information, the Ultra and up on the OCEAN have a heat pump, not sure about the Sport. Honestly, the Fisker information is in such flux right now, I'm not sure what they are going to end up with. Could become another option or OTA purchase.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
32 Posts
Per the 2021 information, the Ultra and up on the OCEAN have a heat pump, not sure about the Sport. Honestly, the Fisker information is in such flux right now, I'm not sure what they are going to end up with. Could become another option or OTA purchase.
You can say that again! Lots of misinformation and cheerleading on the Ocean board. It's hard to keep things straight as to what's factual and what's not!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts