2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've looked around but can't find the AWD range for non-SS trims. Range is given for RWD, which makes me want to subtract about 40 miles or so (based on other EV brands). However, they list the SS (AWD) range as 290 miles, which makes me wonder if the range decrease from RWD to AWD in the other trims won't be as significant as other brands. If anyone could pass along any information on the EV Blazer's AWD range for non-SS configurations, I'd appreciate it!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
In that vain (or is it vein), I'm wondering if AWD is on-demand. 95% of the time, I'd want the greater range of 2WD. Hope so.
I think it may be for everything but the SS trim. If you look at the details on the Chevy Blazer ev website (main page scroll down to trims), all the other trims say "eAWD," while the SS just says AWD which makes me think it might be on demand. I know with the AWD Volkswagen ID.4 that it is only AWD when it detects slippage. Otherwise, it functions as a RWD vehicle. But with the ID.4 there's still a range hit of about 40 miles (weight of the additional motors, I'm assuming).

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have nor found it stated anywhere. I will be ordering an AWD RS. I assume its gonna land around 285-300ish.
That's what my wife and I are looking at as well (we put our reservation in awhile ago). We have also had an order in for an ID.4 for over a year. Getting pretty frustrated with VW (keeps getting pushed back and the price keeps increasing in the interim). If the AWD RS would get 30 to 40 miles more of range than the ID.4, we'd ditch VW in a heartbeat after our experiences. Hoping official numbers come out soon...

· Registered
27 Posts
I have nor found it stated anywhere. I will be ordering an AWD RS. I assume its gonna land around 285-300ish.
It is unclear if the AWD RS will have the medium or large battery pack and which motors. There was a saved version of the Chevy website that indicated it would have 290hp and medium battery pack. The AWD Equinox EV with the same motors and battery gets about 280 miles of range, so I would expect the Blazer to get around 270 with the same configuration. What would be nice is if you could get the large pack, since it will increase the range and hp.

· Registered
14 Posts
In either case, I found a dealer that does not place markups on orders. If GM takes the buy rewards which currently do not state the Blazer EV is blocked, Im good. I have been saving GM bucks for like 6 years. If they block them, I will cancel order and wait till market allows them to sit on the lots. I would only have more GM bucks by then. Plus the full federal credit. The whole time I have looked at Blazer EV stuff......I go to the RS AWD. I have heard from other EV owners FWD or AWD is not needed for the new traction systems permit RWD in most cases. Never had an EV so do not know.

· Registered
13 Posts
In either case, I found a dealer that does not place markups on orders. If GM takes the buy rewards which currently do not state the Blazer EV is blocked, Im good. I have been saving GM bucks for like 6 years. If they block them, I will cancel order and wait till market allows them to sit on the lots. I would only have more GM bucks by then. Plus the full federal credit. The whole time I have looked at Blazer EV stuff......I go to the RS AWD. I have heard from other EV owners FWD or AWD is not needed for the new traction systems permit RWD in most cases. Never had an EV so do not know.
FWD was better than RWD in ICE because it's heavier up front. When you accelerate or even by carrying cargo, weight distribution shifts to the back, so I think EVs are better off RWD, as Tesla and VW have done.

· Registered
40 Posts
It is unclear if the AWD RS will have the medium or large battery pack and which motors. There was a saved version of the Chevy website that indicated it would have 290hp and medium battery pack. The AWD Equinox EV with the same motors and battery gets about 280 miles of range, so I would expect the Blazer to get around 270 with the same configuration. What would be nice is if you could get the large pack, since it will increase the range and hp.
Yeah I posted this a while ago:
I'm hoping it's a mistake OR Chevrolet changed their mind and will offer AWD with large pack

· Registered
27 Posts
My only source of hope that the AWD will be offered with the large battery pack is that on the graphic comparing trims, the AWD(non-SS) and RWD have a disclaimer that the availability is dependent on the battery pack size. But that could just mean that since the drive train configuration is optional you don't have a choice in battery pack size. I would be okay with the 180Kw motor up from and 62Kw in back if it came with the large pack because it would increase range and power. If it came in around 320hp with the large pack that would be adequate for me I think. I just wish the larger motor would be in back for the AWD, even if it is the 180Kw motor and not the 255Kw motor.

· Registered
15 Posts
That is actually a bigger item than I feel most motor companies are ignoring. If the dealership that I am buying from does a markup of significant amount it would, upset me and drive me away from the brand, not just cancel my reservation. GM has made the right announcements, not wanting to increase prices (see price gouging), but the dealerships are a bit different and that does provide me with a bit of anxiety.

· Registered
5 Posts
My only source of hope that the AWD will be offered with the large battery pack is that on the graphic comparing trims, the AWD(non-SS) and RWD have a disclaimer that the availability is dependent on the battery pack size. But that could just mean that since the drive train configuration is optional you don't have a choice in battery pack size. I would be okay with the 180kw motor up from and 62kw in back if it came with the large pack because it would increase range and power. If it came in around 320hp with the large pack that would be adequate for me I think. I just wish the larger motor would be in back for the AWD, even if it is the 180Kw motor and not the 255Kw motor.
I’m in the same boat in wanting the large pack for the RS AWD. That was the attraction of the Blazer EV for me: a more spacious SUV with larger range (and higher charging speeds) than the ID.4 and similar models in the class. If they only include the medium size pack, it stands out less in the market. A medium size pack would have around 84, 85 kWh usable capacity (.83 x 102 kWh large pack). The AWD will have less EPA range than the FWD, as well. So, ball park, a medium pack AWD RS will have around 260 or less miles of EPA range, which translates into a real world highway range of somewhere around 225-245 miles. That isn’t class leading in any way and, with the weaker 180 kw/62 kw motor combination, it wouldn’t be particularly fast given the higher curb weight of the Blazer EV. Fingers crossed they include the large pack!

· Registered
40 Posts
I’m in the same boat in wanting the large pack for the RS AWD. That was the attraction of the Blazer EV for me: a more spacious SUV with larger range (and higher charging speeds) than the ID.4 and similar models in the class. If they only include the medium size pack, it stands out less in the market. A medium size pack would have around 84, 85 kWh usable capacity (.83 x 102 kWh large pack). The AWD will have less EPA range than the FWD, as well. So, ball park, a medium pack AWD RS will have around 260 or less miles of EPA range, which translates into a real world highway range of somewhere around 225-245 miles. That isn’t class leading in any way and, with the weaker 180 kw/62 kw motor combination, it wouldn’t be particularly fast given the higher curb weight of the Blazer EV. Fingers crossed they include the large pack!
You know that Blazer EV cargo space is 59.2-cubic feet of space with the 2nd row folded down while the ID.4 is 64.2-cubic feet?

· Registered
5 Posts
Yup, I was referring to larger range than and higher charging speeds than the ID.4. I drive a Polestar 2 and the Blazer would be a more spacious SUV.

I’ve seen the cargo space behind the second seats for the ID.4 in person. It looks pretty comparable to the Blazer EV. I believe the Blazer EV will have a wider rear seat with more leg room than the ID.4, though.

· Registered
13 Posts
Yup, I was referring to larger range than and higher charging speeds than the ID.4. I drive a Polestar 2 and the Blazer would be a more spacious SUV.

I’ve seen the cargo space behind the second seats for the ID.4 in person. It looks pretty comparable to the Blazer EV. I believe the Blazer EV will have a wider rear seat with more leg room than the ID.4, though.
Designed for America's wider ass! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts