2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I‘m with you. I get that they want to use familiar names to ease people into EVs, but selling the Blazer EV alongside the ICE version, and same with the Equinox, that’s just going to cause confusion IMO. And it doesn’t let the new models stand on their own and get the distinction they deserve.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Having owned a few GM vehicles that they have dropped the ball on in name (and some would argue marketing), I think Chevy (specifically GM) does have a problem with naming their vehicles. The vehicles I've owned were a 2006 Pontiac GTO and a Chevy SS Sedan. Both GTO and SS were a trim available on a Lemans and several Chevys respectively. For whatever reason, they decided to name the vehicles after trims, which only told me that GM management weren't car people, as much as they were marketing people.

Having said that, at least the Blazer line is an actual nameplate, and not a trim line. I do think that the Blazer name is better for the Tahoe as the old Blazer was based on the old Chevy PU trucks. The name TrailBlazer might be more appropriate as it's one of the first large SUV EVs. A brand new name might've been a better call, but what would you call the new Chevy midsized electric SUV?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmm, they could call it the Chevy LT or the Chevy RS? 😆😆

Seriously, though, I actually just looked back at old Chevy model names. They used to have one called the Nomad. That wouldn't be a bad one to resurrect. Granted it used to be a wagon, but it was discontinued in 1972 so probably no one would hold it against them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmm, they could call it the Chevy LT or the Chevy RS? 😆😆

Seriously, though, I actually just looked back at old Chevy model names. They used to have one called the Nomad. That wouldn't be a bad one to resurrect. Granted it used to be a wagon, but it was discontinued in 1972 so probably no one would hold it against them.

haha, no the Nomad had a cult following there for a bit. I suspect there would be some pushback on it being called the Nomad. Too bad they already have a "Chevy Spark", as that would be a good name for a new EV. Maybe the Chevy Static?

·
Registered
2018 Suburban #3
49 Posts
How 'bout the Vega, Chevette, Corvair, Bel Air, Nomad, Yeoman, Biscayne, Nova, El Camino, Caprice, Chevelle, Monte Carlo, Monza, Kingswood, Aveo, Astro, Beretta, Cavalier, Cobalt, Citation, Celebrity, Luv, S-10, Geo Prizm/Tracker/Spectrum/Metro/Sprint, Corsica, HHR, SSR, to name a few!! 🥃

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I‘m with you. I get that they want to use familiar names to ease people into EVs, but selling the Blazer EV alongside the ICE version, and same with the Equinox, that’s just going to cause confusion IMO. And it doesn’t let the new models stand on their own and get the distinction they deserve.
I agree. But for now I am perfectly happy to order the RS EV anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts