2024+ Chevy Blazer EV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
View attachment 185

Sooooo does this mean I’m SOL for getting one in 2023?!?
The “exclusive” reservations ran out within hours of the launch on night 1. I reserved mine at like 4 a.m. 7/19 (less than 10 hours after the launch event) and I got that same message.
Popular car? Absolutely. But consider these factors:
1. The RS and 2LT trims will be available first, in mid ‘23, followed by the SS in Fall ‘23 and the 1LT in early ‘24

2. GM expects to deliver 400,000 EVs in 2022 and 2023. There’s a decent chance your blazer could be part of that production. They’re expecting to scale up fast

article link for the stat:GM aims for 400,000 EVs through 2023, confirms Silverado EV at more than 110,000 reservations

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Volt
22 Posts
I wonder will there even be a 2023 Model Year? Production starts in Spring of 2023. Typically this makes these vehicles 2024 MY. I owned a 2017 Chevrolet Volt that was produced in February of 2016 for example.

·
Registered
2024 Blazer EV Black
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder will there even be a 2023 Model Year? Production starts in Spring of 2023. Typically this makes these vehicles 2024 MY. I owned a 2017 Chevrolet Volt that was produced in February of 2016 for example.
If I’m not mistaken, everyone will have a 2024 model there’s no 2023 models
This per the writing on Chevy website “2024 Chevy EV Blazer”

·
Registered
22 Posts
The “exclusive” reservations ran out within hours of the launch on night 1. I reserved mine at like 4 a.m. 7/19 (less than 10 hours after the launch event) and I got that same message.
Popular car? Absolutely. But consider these factors:
1. The RS and 2LT trims will be available first, in mid ‘23, followed by the SS in Fall ‘23 and the 1LT in early ‘24

2. GM expects to deliver 400,000 EVs in 2022 and 2023. There’s a decent chance your blazer could be part of that production. They’re expecting to scale up fast

article link for the stat:GM aims for 400,000 EVs through 2023, confirms Silverado EV at more than 110,000 reservations
there is no way GM will deliver 400, 000 evs in 22 and 23. They only delivered 8000 in the first quarter

·
Registered
2024 Blazer EV Black
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there is no way GM will deliver 400, 000 evs in 22 and 23. They only delivered 8000 in the first quarter
Its hard to push the Bolts

Can you blame people, the car is good for inner city/little outside the city drivers

a tricked out EUV only cost around $37-39k 250miles

it’s great investment if you can pay that off in 2-3 years

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Volt
22 Posts
GM has a lot queued up. The biggest constraint GM has is battery cell production. Their new Ultium cell is currently in production on a low volume pilot line. Hence why very few Hummer EV's, Zevo600's and Lyriq's have been produced. However GM's Ultium Lordstown cell factory comes online next week at 25% capacity. It's supposed to increase production 25% capacity every three months (50% by November). When it's at full capacity it will produce enough batteries for over 200K Ultium vehicles per year. SpringHill battery factory is also coming along. It's supposed to be up and running in the fall of 2023 and is twice the capacity of Lordstown. Also GM is already producing several hundreds of thousands of EV's in China right now (Wuling Hongguang mini EV alone is about 400 to 500K units per year). And this doesn't include Bolt production.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Murano SL
115 Posts
GM has a lot queued up. The biggest constraint GM has is battery cell production. Their new Ultium cell is currently in production on a low volume pilot line. Hence why very few Hummer EV's, Zevo600's and Lyriq's have been produced. However GM's Ultium Lordstown cell factory comes online next week at 25% capacity. It's supposed to increase production 25% capacity every three months (50% by November). When it's at full capacity it will produce enough batteries for over 200K Ultium vehicles per year. SpringHill battery factory is also coming along. It's supposed to be up and running in the fall of 2023 and is twice the capacity of Lordstown. Also GM is already producing several hundreds of thousands of EV's in China right now (Wuling Hongguang mini EV alone is about 400 to 500K units per year). And this doesn't include Bolt production.
Neromancer: Admittedly, I know very little about electric motors, drive trains, etc. for electric vehicles. Hopefully, you can answer a question I've had for a few days now about whether or not the Blazer EV will qualify for the new tax credit should the proposed new legislation pass Congress. I know the Blazer EV, being assembled in Mexico, would meet that requirement of the legislation. But, what about the battery part (manufacturing and component parts and minerals of the batteries used in the Blazer) of the legislation? Do you have enough insight on this in order to answer whether or not the Blazer batteries would qualify for the credit? Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Volt
22 Posts
Neromancer: Admittedly, I know very little about electric motors, drive trains, etc. for electric vehicles. Hopefully, you can answer a question I've had for a few days now about whether or not the Blazer EV will qualify for the new tax credit should the proposed new legislation pass Congress. I know the Blazer EV, being assembled in Mexico, would meet that requirement of the legislation. But, what about the battery part (manufacturing and component parts and minerals of the batteries used in the Blazer) of the legislation? Do you have enough insight on this in order to answer whether or not the Blazer batteries would qualify for the credit? Thanks!
Yes the Blazer EV should meet the full requirements of the new proposed credit. Battery cells for the Blazer EV will initially come from the Ultium Lordstown, OH complex. Probably eventually from the Spring Hill, TN facility. The Blazer EV will have a very strong predominantly North American supply chain.

·
Registered
2024 Blazer EV Black
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wanted to drop this little bit of info on everyone since I was talking to the EV Group over at Chevy Corp yesterday about my OG post here about the "Exclusive"

I asked him what does this truly mean because people are confused by this....

"The exclusive means that the first amount of people had the opportunity to grab the trim level and a select number of colors to be assigned to them, the rest that was not part of exclusive group was just put in the pot of reservations which you will pick/choose once the time gets closer. This doesn't mean you are out of luck for getting the Blazer EV in 2023, once everyone gets closer to the time to start picking and choosing options/colors/etc everyone will be brought into the dealer including the exclusive reservations"

So, this is more interesting and kind of pushes me to wait it out even more, since now I'm hearing the 2023 Mach-e is getting battery tech that is not in favor for longer range but better for longevity and ability to charge to 100% every day... With confirmation also coming from Chevy that there will be a heat pump with the Blazer EV that's even better to where the Mach-e doesn't have this in the upcoming 2023 models and previous models

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hate how you can't abandon a post once you start.

I answered my own question after I started to reply.

Long story short - Why didn't I put a rez down the first day !?! (Because I was very set on the Ionic 5 at the time)

·
Registered
2024 Blazer EV Black
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hate how you can't abandon a post once you start.

I answered my own question after I started to reply.

Long story short - Why didn't I put a rez down the first day !?! (Because I was very set on the Ionic 5 at the time)

I'm pretty sure you can mute or remove yourself from the post/discussion I think I saw that in here somewhere

What happened to the Ionic 5 didn't go for it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts